1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frustrated with society

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by sweetfemme90, Mar 30, 2015.

1. sweetfemme90

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I live in Canada and as far as rights go and the day-to-day living, I know I have it made in comparison to others. When I hear about bills being passed for religious freedoms it makes me feel very sad. Although I don't consider myself to be overly religious I do support being practicing their faith....just not when their faith tells them it is mandatory to oppress others.

This Indiana bill that passed is really getting to me. It just feels like I cannot be safe anywhere outside of Canada. I worry that things will get worse and one day I will lose what I have. When I think about people who are from outside of Canada that could face prison sentences, violence, forced sex-trade for survival, death sentences, and god knows what else I just break down. I am only one person and I am unable to save all the people I want to heal.

Every other week there is a suicide is the news, mostly transgender people. I just wish I could take every LGBT person who is contemplating suicide and tell them how much I adore them being on this planet for being brave enough to come out. I want them to live long, happy, healthy lives and be there for the future generations so they have someone to relate to. If I ever decide to have children I would want to take in LGBT youth and provide them with everything they need in order to be successful. I don't want them to be so afraid of the world...I want it to be a better place and empower them to live in it in whatever way they choose.

I am just so frustrated and disappointed with greater society. If anyone out there is as frustrated as I am with society, just to let you know I love all of you. Every person on this website is part of history in the making. We are all trying to pave our way through and it's difficult for some of us more than others. I have only experienced the stress and frustration, I have never experienced the violence, refusal of services, and the prison sentences that many people and our community have. I want to be able to do everything in my power to help others and allow them to find/create their identities and have a sense of belongingness. (&&&)

What is the most difficult part for you as an LGBT+ person/and/or ally? What do you specifically need in your life to make it a better place?