1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No motivation/drive whatsoever

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by symmetricchic, Mar 30, 2015.

1. symmetricchic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've recently come across a stump in the road. I just feel absolutely no motivation anymore to do anything at all, not even to have relationships with anyone or go about daily life. It was even worse today when my class attended a lecture on careers and I thought to myself, "Yup, I have no motivation in this whatsoever and no drive at all to do anything." Sometimes I just want to sit in a void and do nothing at all. This loss of drive has been there for ages, not even sure how to go about it anymore...

2. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know you may not like hearing this, but loss of motivation is due to depression. You may be depressed and not even know it. Depression comes in different forms, such as: anger, sadness, loss of motivation, etc.

3. symmetricchic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Your right. I think I've been severely depressed for a very long time. I have received help for it but it isn't going away...

4. Beware the Ides

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If you're not experiencing an improvement in the quality of your daily life, it might be worth talking to the people who are helping you. Depression behaves differently in different people, and what helps some won't help others; it can take some experimentation with different combinations of options to find something that works for you. It's okay to say "I know we say I've been helped, but I need to try something new".

5. user199

user199 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    sometimes thinking too much can be a disease..just try to mindful when you get stuck in a depressive thought(any thought for that matter) and just take deep breaths and keep repeating to yourself everything is fine..mostly its our mind which plays tricks with us..its not your friend my friend...

6. symmetricchic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have tried that but since I am out of state for school it is pretty hard to get hold of them when they are not busy. But I guess I will keep trying anywho. So far I think I had too many trials and errors. But hey, why not?

7. Notlad

We all get there. I sometimes will have entire months where the motivation is just so gone it's crippling.

8. Deadsouls

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Been there, done that. I have no motivation right now for school but I am graduating in less than 2 months. I think this is depression, any problems that have happened recently? Any fights, bickering of sorts?

9. symmetricchic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I see. Yeah I don't have motivation for school either or pretty much anything. No real problems have happened or fights, but I do feel really lost in life and I haven't found anything that I love to do yet/a purpose. It's annoying because my school expects me to declare a major ASAP but I don't feel like majoring in anything...I spent so much time experimenting in practically everything only to realize that I don't like any of it.

---------- Post added 3rd Apr 2015 at 08:16 AM ----------

Yeah it sucks. :icon_sad: