1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I approach this guy??????

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by mlansing, Apr 1, 2015.

1. mlansing

I know this is an age-old question for men and women, gay and straight alike, but how on earth should I approach this guy in my department on campus I'm interested in without coming across as a creepy stalker? He usually keeps to himself and often has headphones on, so I feel like I don't really have a way in usually when I see him. I'm not even sure if he's gay or straight, but I have gotten some subtle hints that he may be interested in me too (as far as subtle hints go without having ever said a word to someone...furtive glances, things like that). I don't even care if he's interested in me or not, I just want to talk to him! HOW????

---------- Post added 1st Apr 2015 at 02:02 PM ----------

Oh, and we don't have any classes together, so I don't have an in that way. Help!

2. JakeSteven

What do you mean by he is in my department?

3. SpiritEnergy

Make an excuse....... Or something like that
    Or bump to him.. "I am so sorry, I didn't see you there. I am so clumsy"Then start to talk to him about something that you can see that interests him..

I am not so sureeeeee :\ I am not the best people person. People usually come to me, but I want to help.

4. CapQuestionmark

If you feel confident enough, you can just straight out talk to him. Try and find a reasonable time to do it though (not when he's busy or talking with someone else). Just make basic conversation (ask questions about class, what they're doing, if they know one of your friends, or you could compliment their outfit, work, or other things). If he has interests in you (or if he's not just plain rude) he'll pick up on your conversation and contribute.

I've never dated anyone, but I'm really good at making friends and meeting new people. Just take the plunge; what have you truly got to lose?! :slight_smile:

5. user199

user199 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    just be yourself.. your first thing step should be trying to get to know the guy..just try to catch him somewhere cafeteria/class room etc and make some small talk..take it slowly and see where it goes.. sometimes our perception about someone is totally different than reality..

6. mlansing

Great advice guys. I just need to finally bite the bullet and talk to him however I make that happen. It doesn't even matter to me if we become boyfriends, friends, acquaintances, or even just people who met once and never talked again, I just NEED to TALK to HIM! Thanks again :wink:

7. JakeSteven

you could ask him about his hat, jacket, shoe or t-short.

8. mlansing

Yes! Talked to him! Total BS reason to go up to him, too...I asked him what kind of headphones he had because I was interested in buying a new pair (complete BS, I already have a brand-new expensive pair). Oh, and he was veeeeeery receptive to me talking to him, and I noticed that his notebook had a huge flower on it...this might get interesting :wink: Thanks again guys!!!