1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

claustrophobia and being gay?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by theboy123, Apr 5, 2015.

1. theboy123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Has anybody ever felt claustrophobia? I know this seems really weird, but I got it and I started to think it was because im still in the closet and i want to come out (deep inside). could this be linked? One of my doctors mentioned that the claustrophobia (which started when i was stuck in an elevator) was linked to an event that traumatized me, possibly at that age 14 (which was the age i started to realize i was gay). I wanna go to a shrink but im scared of talking to him about this and about me being gay. i know this sounds dumb, but i have a fear of what people think about me, its horrible. has this every happened to anybody else? :frowning2:(

2. mlansing

Omg yes! I had forced myself to be with a girl in a relationship for 6 months and I developed depression and anxiety while I was with her. After I got out and moved on I had this dream that I was stuck in an enclosed space and I woke up in a panic. I've been freaked out by tight spaces ever since then (I think my mind may have subconsciously been looking for something else to freak out about because of the anxiety I developed while with that girl). I've been doing healing meditation to try to help with it and I've been working on accepting my homosexuality also. I can definitely see a potential link there between feeling trapped by homosexuality and not being able to accept it and claustrophobia. I hope you can work it out.