1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he shallow and not worth my time?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by retiredchicken, Apr 6, 2015.

1. retiredchicken

So I've got a more light hearted problem here about a guy I'm interested in. I hope you guys can help, I know this forum is a place to seek help for more serious problems.

I was talking to a guy through work, and we had a couple of chats since then. He seemed really understanding and mature for his age. But given we didn't work near each other, we didn't really have a chance to hang out, but we chatted here and there. However down the track he was involved in a car accident and was hemmoraging and was in a coma, I heard from his mother brain damage. He's been in rehab since and so I've been trying to be there for him but he keeps insisting that he is fine.

I'm sure he is. He seems to be now because he's now back at work and I'm getting loads of happy snapchats from him with friends and family. But what's changed is that he doesn't seem as interested in a conversation anymore. I was always the initiator but since the accident it seems like he shows no interest whatsoever. I'm trying not to take it too selfishly, but often I see him very active on social media befriending really hot guys and commenting with love hearts and all on other friends photos if it showed any abs or good looking bodies.

I am jealous. Because he doesn't pay two shits to me anymore. I'm not ugly I guess because I often get called cute and sexy (I say that just to give some evidence for the sake of this argument). We're both in our early 20s.

I want to get to know him but he's always saying he's broke or "hopefully we can hang out soon", but I see no effort coming out of him. I confronted him and admitted I was interested. All he said was he was unaware and that I am making and issue out of it and that I should stop judging the way he behaves on social media.

What is going through this guy's head?

I feel like I had a chance because his friend tells me I had a better chance than most guys but he has trust issues. I'm just really confused as to what's going on. :icon_sad:

2. guitar

Sorry mate but I don't think he's interested :frowning2:

If someone wants to be with you,they will find a way to hang out with you. Too busy or no money really isn't an excuse. He has other priorities. I'll put it this way: If I really want to see Slayer when they're in town, I'll pull some strings to ensure that I'm able to see them. Book time off work, call 20 friends, save extra money... It's no different with relationships. If someone is really interested, their actions will show that.

#2 guitar, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  3. Countervail

Here's my cent:

I think it's all a matter of priority; If he does not give you even a little bit of his time, then don't settle for less.

Distance yourself for a while from him and see if he makes a move to talk to you, the least. If he does not put effort or barely even notices your actions, then there's a high probability that he is not interested.

4. nohalos

I think he's not worth it. I guess the accident was a coincidence. It might hurt to hear this but the way he treated you could be like how he treats those hot guys in his social media.

If he's pushing you away for quite some time now, then I'd say it's time to move on from him.

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's best to move on. This guy is emotionally immature, and you will likely feel anxious even if he turns back to you. I can understand teenagers lusting after very attractive people, but people need to grow up and not act so childishly. He is also a bad liar if he says he didn't realize you were interested.

You might consider just cutting him out by not following his social media posts. It does you no good to watch him chasing after others. Stick with people you can at least call your friends, not people who treat you like a doll they can play with for a while and then drop whenever they want.

6. brocub

He's not attracted to you. It isn't the end of the world. Just work on moving on to the next guy you're interested in.