1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I'm Wrong

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by EatYourRikkios, Apr 8, 2015.

1. EatYourRikkios

I'm a lesbian. I'm also an identical twin. My twin can give a ruler posture lessons.

I didn't really think much of it until recently - it was just a difference. But recently we were out, and talking to a friend of hers on campus. When he found out I was gay, he asked about my sister, assuming she must at least be bisexual, since he knew she dated guys before. When he found out that she's not, he started yelling at the both of us, saying we were trying to undermine the argument for people being born that way.

... And now I can't stop thinking on it. What are y'all's thoughts on this?

2. Hyaline

I would think that even though being identical twins, you each have your own feelings about different things. And while I can't really give you a good come back to the "born that way" argument, I think the response is that despite being identical, you are both still different. And within that, there are differences such as sexual preferences that identify you individually. I don't think that undermines the "born that way" discussion.

Are there obvious differences between you and your twin? I had close friends in school that were identical twins and Jeff and John couldn't have been two more different people. Years later, one is a biker (long hair and goatee) and his brother is a minister. Go figure. :slight_smile:

I would stick with being yourself and feeling comfortable and not worry about what your friend will never be able to comprehend..

3. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Don't worry about it. Just because you're identical twins doesn't mean you were developing in the womb environment the exact same way. For example there are differences in birth weight between twins when logically one gets more nutrition than the other. Even the DNA of identical twins are not 100% identical. It's just a stereotype that identical twins are exactly alike but you're a unique individual as everyone else. (*hug*)

4. RainDreamer

I think that person just doesn't have a lot of idea about identical twins.