1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meeting like-minded people

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Sonic, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Sonic

Sonic Guest

Hey there,

I was wondering if any of you could give me some advice regarding meeting people (in real life) who also identify as androgyne, or genderfluid, or anything that comes close to what I identify with.

I'm straight (or at least, I think I am). Which makes it difficult for me to meet other women who are fluid in their gender as well. I'm kind of the tomboy type, but I have a lot of trouble finding women who have similar interests.

Or men who are comfortable being androgynous and don't feel uncomfortable with me being more vaguely defined.

I know that joining the LGBT community could really help, but since I identify as straight, I'm not so sure I should do that. Maybe It'd be incredibly awkward.

How did you guys meet like minded people?
    & Do you have any tips or advice to give to me?

That would be awesome :slight_smile:

2. Im Hazel

Apparently social media can be handy. Try looking for friends of friends on facebook. They list prefered pronouns and gender, sometimes, so it can be really useful for determining who to talk to. I don't use things like that myself for my "public life", but I know / know of people who are open about their gender online.

3. BonnieJ2604

You should look online for people in your area with the same gender or try and open a LGBT+ support page online, you will meet so many people through that. I met my boyfriend doing that and we have been dating for a good few months now.
    Best Wishes
    -Bonnie<3

4. Sonic

Sonic Guest

Thanks peeps,

I did actually look for people on this datingsite I'm on, but there weren't that many hits. Mostly people in the US actually :slight_smile:

I might try the support page!