1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All my problems (or at least some)

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Gay and afraid, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Gay and afraid

So, I've been on EC for only a short time now, but it has already made a huge difference for me. I was told by a friend that maybe writing out all my problems would help, and what better place to do it than here. I know I'll get so much support from all of you. Thank you :slight_smile: so, I guess, here we go ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. A list of my problems.

Acne doesn't help my feeling of ugliness
    Not making friends easily
    My weight
    My crush will never like me back
    Feel so alone
    Self harm
    Suicidal thoughts
    Confusion about homo/pan romantic
    Feeling numb all the time
    Somehow also feeling everything way to much
    The constant fear of getting found out by my family and getting kicked out or killed
    Having nowhere to go if I get kicked out
    Wanting to defy gender barriers but not having the courage or ability to (lately hair dye, flower crowns, and nail polish have all seemed appealing. I'm not a feminine gay guy, but gender roles are stupid, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
    Grades
    Feeling like I will never be good enough
    Feeling broken
    Anxiety
    A feeling that I have depression, but not having a way to know for sure (I mean, you can't really diagnose yourself, so...)
    My asshole parents constantly belittling me

Whenever I go to someone, I always get the same thing. "It will get better". But what if it doesn't? For So many people, it doesn't get better. I can't keep going. I was hoping that writing all this out would help. We'll see, I guess?

That's most of it. Please give some tips or feedback if you want I guess? Idk...:help:

#1 Gay and afraid, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  2. Azael

Ok, I won't pretend to be an expert but I can try to give you some basic tricks.

- Exercices. Might not be fun for everyone, but its proven. Doesnt have to be much, just take a walk around your block or something. Fresh air and sun is good too, so thats a plus.
    -Watch comedies and avoid drama and tragedies for a while. It may sound silly but it works for some. Laughter is important especially when youre feeling down.
    - When youre criticizing yourself, ask yourslef if you would say such a thing to someone else. If not, you're probably being too hard on yourself.
    -Do hobbies that you like or used to like.
    -Cry. It most likely wont feel really triumphant but better to let it out.
    -Talking about your problem, venting out. You can PM me if you want to rant about your day or just talk ^^ If you have a close friend you feel would listen or even use an anonymous help hotline, it would help as well. Sometimes you just go to let the steam out.

Won't say that it will get better, thats obviously not what you want to hear nor what you need to hear. But I can offer support (*hug*)

3. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hello, i'm gonna tell you some of my opinion about your current problem because i may have it in the past or currently having the same problem.

apology in advance for my bad grammar but i hope you understand what i'm walking about...

I'm not a doctor yet but i'm a med student atm, acne can be due to several factors :
    1. Diet
    2. Stress ; physical or emotional including lack of healthy sleep time
    3. Hormonal Problem ; Puberty
    4. Hygiene

Since you are a male and i dont know your current age you should reflect on some aspect above do you have any issues with it. You may also need to take visit a dermatologist for better answer.

Try dieting (i don't mean like crazy dieting stop eating at all); eat healthier food, reduce processed sugar, less fast food, more fruit and vegetables. Exercise also will help a lot

2 years ago i was 76 kg with 93 cm waist line, i hate when ppl tells me i'm fat and one day i cant even look at my own feet. I started to do morning run and eating better, my weight went down to 55 kg with waist line around 70 cm in 6 months. Then a guy tells me i'm too skinny for a guy and i decided to start to go to gym 12 weeks ago and i'm now 68 kg with 76 cm waist line and now he stop talking about my appearance.

suggestion for you : Be comfortable of who you are and your body. If you think your weight is really causing a problem like mine was (unable to flex my head to look at my foot) and/or it bothers you very much then start change your lifestyle little by little, dont change it in a drastic way because the pressure on the body may be quite overwhelming for several people.

ps: i go to gym because i have a crush the guy who comment about me being to skinny. I know he has a girlfriend but its a nice feeling having a guy giving you some attention. And now since we went to same gym i can sneak a peek at his body and his package SCORE FOR ME!!!

I have no comment at this one because i'm currently having same problem. And the one that giving me death threat was my own father who supposed to accept me no matter what.

we are on the same boat brother :tears::tears::tears:

I tried to kill myself once and end up in a medically induced coma for 3 days after gastric lavage, chelation and dialysis. I thought about attempting second suicide for the last two weeks, by sharing my problem here in EC really helps a lot at least now i know i can talk to someone (even its just online help but hey its better than being judged in my real life, forced to came out and getting killed by my old man).

find someone to talk to, dont hold it to yourself... some medications from a psychiatrist really help tho (i've been stealing meds from my patient for the last 5 days just to repress my suicidal thought)

dont steal from anyone please =) i'm not proud of what i'm doing its really dangerous to mess up with someones meds

This 5 point sort of connected to one another, a lot of people with depression feels numb, broken and have no motivation to live anymore. Anxiety on the other hand giving feelings like your head is full and unable to focus. People with anxiety or depression usually have a sleeping problem/insomnia which may cause acne (you listed acne as one of your problem). I'm not a doctor yet and my experience as a student in psyche department is lets say close to none, so i suggest you find a good therapist/psychiatrist to help with your problem. From your location you probably have a very good chance to find a LGBT friendly therapist/psychiatrist.

i just wanted to tell you how lucky you are that you can talk to someone face to face and they respond "it will get better". Me on the other hand have no one to talk to. And yes for me so far it doesnt get any better.

advice : find someone on the same boat youre in. People youre talking to may not be fully get the way you feel at the moment, how overwhelming the pressure is for you and sometimes they really just dont understand your condition. By sharing to people that have been on the same boat and successfully surpass it really helps in a lot of ways.

anyway thats my opinion, hope that helps... in some sort of ways, i dont know
    if any of my opinion offend you and not helping at all please just ignore it
    thanks

arffff

#3 sartorious, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2015