1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared senseless... Happy to be wanted

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by DylanV14, Apr 15, 2015.

1. DylanV14

DylanV14 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My foster family is one I have 9 years of history with and they told me now they want to adopt me... I ddon't know how to handle this. I am scared but also happy. My parents relinquished all rights to me so they aren't an issue but I'm terrified they state won't allow it

2. DylanV14

DylanV14 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    They are my best friends parents they used to babysit me

3. Im Hazel

Why would the state not allow it? You say that they have a foster license, so just tell any government people that, if needed.

4. Ashleigh16

Im sure it'll work out and i am so happy for you :slight_smile:

5. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I definitely don't think the government will interfere with your foster family adopting you, don't get wound up on that :slight_smile:

6. DylanV14

DylanV14 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm just not used to things this well for me

7. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I think I understand. You see something good coming your way but you're afraid it's too good to be true? Well, I don't think that is so, in that case, actaully :slight_smile: If they want to adopt you and you want to, then that'll be so, I'm 99% sure of it.
    Have you talked to them about it? I think they'd be glad to know how you feel, and much better at giving you the answers you want and bring you peace of mind :slight_smile:

8. DylanV14

DylanV14 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just don't want to get hurt my whole life almost its been me and their daughter... We met in daycare. I was always welcome at their house and they looked at me as a son and they didn't give a second thought to opening their home to me and then they say they are trying to adopt me... In their home I'm not Dylan I'm baby, son, sweetheart... And they aren't my foster parents they are mom and dad its not just been like that since I was placed there it been that way for years. They were the first people I came out to and they said they already knew... I was more comfortable telling them than I was telling my birth parents

9. sehnsucht

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I think it's sweet how they want to adopt you. And if your birth parents already gave up their rights and they're your foster parents, the government definitely won't be getting involved. It seems like you feel like they're already your parents and that's amazing. The only difference will be that they're your parents on paper. Otherwise, nothing's changed. They love you for you and want to be there for you. Congratulations :slight_smile:

10. Boudicca

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congratulations! I don't see why the state would prevent it, so I don't think you should worry.

11. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Yes, it's scary... but they love you, and want you forever. (!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)

(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)

---------- Post added 16th Apr 2015 at 10:23 AM ----------

There shouldn't be a problem with it. If they went through the process of fostering certification, they might need some additional classes, but I doubt the state would find anything wrong with the adoption. You are in a safe place, with a loving family, they will mark that as a win.

Now temper any enthusiasm with the knowledge that adoption could still take 6 month to a year (or more) to work it's way through the DCS system. That's government red tape for you.

This is from our experience adopting our son here in Indiana. Good luck, and God Bless your foster (future forever) parents. :tears: happy tears... (*hug*)

12. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I swear we are alike in so many ways.

I (along with my biological brother) were both adopted by my parents when I was born, however as kindy14 said it could take a while with the governmental process before everything becomes official. I was two years old when the adoption process was complete.

From the sounds of it, your foster parents love and support you very much. Seeing as how you guys have been together this long and you seem to be very comfortable with each other I should see no reason as to why adoption would be a bad thing. It shouldnt be anything for you to be scared of.

13. DylanV14

DylanV14 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There has been a problem... My biological parents are in jail and my brother has nowhere to go my(true) dad is trying to get him but we don't have a bed for him yet...

---------- Post added 17th Apr 2015 at 12:05 AM ----------

He is 18 but still in highschool and dad doesn't feel comfortable making my brother sleep on a couch and he has another year of school