1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost a friend and i just wanna cry

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by DylanV14, Apr 16, 2015.

1. DylanV14

DylanV14 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    One of my friends snapped after we went shopping and she said I'm a freak and told me I can never be one of the girls for one simple fact... I'm a boy. She said it is unnatural that I call myself that and the real girls shouldn't either. She said that tiny little thing between your legs(no she hasn't seen me naked) makes me a boy and calling myself a girl without being trans is insulting to transgender people and you should be ashamed of yourself. She told me she never wants to see me again:tears: we have been friends for 3 years and it hurts so bad

2. Im Hazel

Wow. I don't know what to say, apart from don't listen to her. Calling yourself a girl is not insulting to transgender people, it means that you are questioning your gender identity. Tell her that a transgender person told you that she isn't offended, if you still want to be friends with her. She is the one being offensive and transphobic, so it may just be best to forget about her altogether, if her statements offend you.

3. DylanV14

DylanV14 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Her brother is transitioning he is transgender male and I learned the hard way never call him she or her and she never looked at me the same after I asked why he looked weird... I was only 10 and she let him hit me so maybe our friendship was already doomed. But it still hurts

4. Jellal

She sounds like she was just being an asshat. Where the hell are these accusations coming from? There are actually people out there with a "tiny thing between their legs" who are transgender. It sucks that a friend of yours just turned and said a thing like this. Honestly she's the one at fault so it makes no sense for you to apologize. Maybe you could send her a message, if you still want to stay friends, that you don't want to stop being friends after three years just for a stupid reason like this, that she's being unaccepting (not to mention wrong about what it means to be transgender. It's what's between your ears, not your legs, that really counts.) And if she's willing to be civil, kind, and own up to the fact that what she said was wrong, that you can forgive her and the two of you can keep on being friends.

If you don't think you can do that though, then it sounds like you might have to prepare to forfeit this friendship. The choice is yours, think about how much you want to keep it alive.

5. DylanV14

DylanV14 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can forgive her but now she is blaming me for losing all her friends for how she yelled at me. She said she hates me

---------- Post added 16th Apr 2015 at 04:16 PM ----------

She called me a cry baby a freak a loser and something I won't say because cussing is bad

6. Theron

Wow, that was really bitchy. I sometimes teasingly call my husband my wife (or occasionally I call him princess because he's picky) but he thinks it's adorable.

7. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I don't want to sound harsh, but this girl sounds like she's simply mean to you right now. And you're so sweet. If I were you I'd tell her to shape up and apologize. Otherwise, I would not say it's a good idea to be with her if she hurts you like that.

And btw, with you being a girl. Have you told your parents? And also, you can try experimenting with it, you know, it might make you feel good :slight_smile: For example, you could try growing out your hair or wearing some makeup, maybe changing your EC gender profile to Female if you want to, etc. :slight_smile:
    Take care <3 (*hug*)

8. DylanV14

DylanV14 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's not that I think I'm a girl it's I like being one of the girls because I don't connect with boys... At all i fit in with girls and them seeing me as one of them makes me feel special... Like I belong with them I have guy friends and they accept me but we don't connect as well with them sometimes not at all but we were friends long before I knew I was gay

9. Im Hazel

Does it feel wrong to call yourself a girl, though? Does the pronoun 'she' feel right? (Or wrong?) You seem to have a kinship with females. That could mean something. While it could mean nothing, ignoring it will do no good. Try experimenting like Triflow said, if it feels right. It does seem like you could just be a more effeminate man, but that doesn't stop you from trying stuff, if you want to.

Oh, and with your friend: it's not you. Everything to say has already been said above much more eloquently than I ould put it. Just stay strong and pull through.

#9 Im Hazel, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  10. DylanV14

DylanV14 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't see myself as a girl the girls playfully refer to me as she/her but actually that does feel wrong it makes me squeemish... I have asked them if I could be referred to as one of the girls without being called a girl I have been thinking about my gender identity but the more I think about it the more excited I feel about being a boy like me...

11. DylanV14

DylanV14 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love how effeminate and girlish I am but I am very happy to be a boy and love being gay

---------- Post added 16th Apr 2015 at 08:06 PM ----------

I also love being so close to my true friends that im one of the girls even though I'm a boy

12. Gymskirtboy

Gymskirtboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Have you thought about getting one of your girl friends to dress you up as a girl and just see how if feels for you? I know your still very young but a couple of trans friends of mine really struggled with their gender identity when they were your age. I don't think a lot of trans people know what they are from a very young age. I wouldn't say they are the lucky ones, just the ones who are sure.

13. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's nothing wrong with being a gay guy who's friends with girls. Doesn't make you any less of a man, nor should being a male get in the way of being friends with girls. It sounds like your friend is overreacting to her brother's situation and taking it out on you.

14. DylanV14

DylanV14 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know I don't want to be a girl I've said that I love being a boy I know I'm just extremely effeminate I even sspecified I don't like being called a girl I know I'm not transgender and again I like being called one of the girls because it makes me feel good because I know they trust me and love me and we are close enough that they include me in EVERYTHING no matter how personal

15. DylanV14

DylanV14 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The girl said she will never forgive me and she wants her brother to teach me a lesson and a *****boy like me doesn't deserve friends or family like I have and soon everyone will see me for what I am a faggot freak incapable of being loved... I hate her and I can't i thought she was my

16. Im Hazel

That is a horrible thing of her to say, and it's not true. (*hug*)

17. DylanV14

DylanV14 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh my god I'm so scared she said she is gonna have her brother beat me up and he already hates me

18. Im Hazel

That would be assault. He could go to jail for that, so remind her of that if she keeps threatening you. In fact, threatening you with violence is punishable, so if you get some proof of that you could go to the police.

19. DylanV14

DylanV14 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay thanks for the advice I told dad and he said he'll take care of it and if she threatens me again tell him... I didn't mean for her to lose all her friends but she was insulting and threatening me and our friends had had enough of her so she brought this on herself... I just want this to end and her to leave me alone

20. Im Hazel

There is no shame in that, Dylan. She can't be happy at the expense of your happiness. It doesn't work like that.