1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling jealous and alone

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by redneck, Apr 17, 2015.

1. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My best friend started working at the same place I do and has been staying with me for the last month. She is a pretty girl and a great person. It took her all of two weeks before she met a guy at work. I have no problem with them hanging out at my place because she is a grown woman and needs to have a life of her own. That said I have spent pretty much the last week watching them sit on the couch, cuddle and kiss.

Though I love seeing her happy (she seems happier than I've seen her in months) seeing them together is hurting me. Last night they piled up on the couch and fell asleep. I saw them lying there and couldn't help feeling jealous and alone. I had a boyfriend back around Christmas but it was a short (about a month maybe month and a half) more casual relationship. Other than that I haven't had a real relationship in years and haven't been on an actual date since I broke up at the first of the year.

It just sucks that I am constantly trying to find someone and then she just comes along and finds someone without really even trying. Seeing them cuddled up on the couch last night seemed to make my bed feel even more lonely.

I'm not really looking for advice. Just feeling down and needed to vent.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'd say don't feel jealous.

Be happy for them and think: mine is in the making.

If you are a decent person you will find someone in time...
    you might do a few things you like and bring you in contact with other people...
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/anonymous-discussions/166447-how-do-you-make-friends-adulthood.html#5

another option would be online dating... but imo it takes time, to write a good profile, and filter a lot of candidates, and the ability to say no if necessary.... in a nice way...

hugs