1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell a guy to stop being touchy

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by bubbles123, Apr 17, 2015.

1. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I have two guy friends who are really touchy with me, like they're just touchy people in general I think, but I'm just really not comfortable with people touching me and then they're like hugging me and lifting me up (I'm short) and doing the hip sway thing with me (like when you're standing side by side). Also one of them kisses my forehead and stuff (he's an ex).
    I want them to stop, but I'm not good at saying no and I don't want to hurt their feelings. Any advice?

2. nohalos

If you all go to the same school, maybe you can write them a letter instead and slide them into their lockers? It might be better than saying them in person, since you are not comfortable with that.

You can always write how you appreciate the affection that they show, but you think you're getting a little uncomfortable with it. They will understand, if they truly are yout friends. Best of luck!

3. aikz88

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    When i was in middle school I had many men try to hug me, touch my hair, kick my chair, did anything and everything to get my attention. And the best way possible to show them to back off is really show that you hate it. Im an agressive person when it comes to physical touching especially if its from males.

We are in a generation that its so daring. And teens love to dare each other to extremes.

From my experience, Ive had a guy hug me out of nowhere in the lunch cafeteria. I took my hairbrush and started hitting him with it in front of everyone. Got sent to deans office. Dean was yelling at me for being abusive. I told the dean it wouldnt have happened if he didnt touch me first. That is sexual harrassment! And while that I was hitting the kid next to me looking at him mean. He was scared and next day and so on after that he learned to get my attention in a positive way was to open the door for me and be respectful. Basically keep hands to yourself. lol

4. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Awesome haha thanks for the advice guys!

5. Theron

Be up front.
    "Don't touch me, please. I really don't like it."

My best friend from college is very touch-averse, and I am very cuddly with people I'm familiar with and close to. =/ I have to remember to ask if I can hug hir.

Although both of us have been known to lash out if someone touches us and it's unwelcome. I have PTSD so I get startled very easily.

6. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Tell them how you feel.

7. TeaCupQueer

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    All the advice above is good advice, I'd just sit them down and explain that you don't like to be touched. Explain to them that you don't hate them or think they're gross, just that it makes you uncomfortable.