1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling alone and a guy kissed me (I'm a lesbian) HELP

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by thesecretcat, Apr 18, 2015.

1. thesecretcat

I've recently become part of a new friendship group and everything is great but none of them know that I'm a lesbian. I don't really want to tell them because I think it'll make things awkward and uncomfortable as some of the guys in the group have told me that they have a crush on me... this doesn't bother me much but it makes it all that little bit harder to come out. Also I was at a party the other week with the new friendship group and we were playing dares (by this time we were quite drunk) and one of the guys who had a crush on me was dared to kiss me... I didn't realize what the dare was (I was doing something else at the time like texting or something) until he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me, a lot of people were pressurizing him to kiss me (they were chanting 'KISS KISS KISS') and I really didn't want it to happen ... if I knew what was going to happen I would of not let it happen. Now I'm not annoyed by this at all cause it was just suppose to be a dare with no harm done (I didn't feel harassed it was just awkward haha) but later the guy who kissed me texted me 'did you enjoy the kiss? also are you in a relationship because I really like you'... I texted back that it was complicated and haven't said a word since...
    Some of my older friends (friends who know I'm a lesbian, I have come out to people before so this isn't a new thing for me) have advised me to come out to them but the thing is I don't want to! Its my private business and life and I don't want to be thought of as just being 'The Lesbian'. Now they are decent people and I know they wouldn't have a problem with it but I just feel so uncomfortable with telling them.
    I probably will come out eventually its just I don't understand WHY I have to, I mean I've never heard a straight person announce 'I'm heterosexual' so why should I come out? Everything just feels... complicated right now.
    Also I'm having a dilemma right now... I feel extremely isolated. Its not a case of having no friends, I mean I have many of them but I don't know any fellow LGBT people. Also I really want to be in a relationship right now. I keep telling myself that its good to be single and I have a lifetime ahead but right now I have never felt so alone. I feel like I'll never have a girlfriend and I'm becoming more and more depressed, I've had bf in the past but obviously they never worked out... there are no LGBT groups or youth clubs where I live and I feel like I'm the only LGBT person in the area :frowning2:
    One thing I am looking forward to is that there is a gay pride coming to town next month so hopefully I can meet people, get contacts to groups and who know? maybe I'll get lucky and find someone who is interested in me :wink: But lets be honest... I probably won't get lucky... I hate being the angst teenager that I am hahaha

2. Ravienclaw

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If I were in your situation I would probably come out to them. I understand why you don't want to do it, and I agree that it shouldn't matter, but it really does make things easier in my opinion.

3. caiteee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm in a similar situation. Just became part of a new group and I know they would accept me if i told them but I just hate that it would become such a defining part who I am. It shouldn't have to be a big deal. Being straight isn't a big deal and i wish that being gay wasn't either. Also yeah i don't want to make it akward because a couple of the guys in the group have hit on me and i don't want to cause any drama, especially when i'm so new to the group. For me i think i might come out to them (if i come out at all :/) maybe individually so that way it's not like a big announcement and it's more of just a casual thing that people know. sorry probably wasn't that helpful haha just good to know i'm not the only one in this situation :slight_smile: Good luck!!!

4. thesecretcat

Thank you both for your quick replies :slight_smile: I'm really glad for advice but my problem is I would just feel awful coming out to them, I mean the guys might take it the wrong way, thinking that I had lead them on or something (I know I haven't it was just a stupid/awkward situation). Also this girl and I were fake flirting and messing around during the party (nothing serious just being daft/silly/holding hands and saying we were a married couple etc.., you know like a bromance? haha there is no romantic chemistry between us) and if I come out she might get all weird with me thinking that I was actually interested in her when in reality it was just a joke (maybe this is my fault). It is just annoying hahaha.
    Also an update about the guy who kissed me, he won't stop texting me (he is trying to keep the conversation going, not harassing) also this other guy has told me he has the hots for me... I don't know what to do... I really don't want to come out to them yet but I feel like I have to.... Thanks for reading x

5. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Instead of coming out to them, have you thought about giving a few subtle clues? Like, you comment on a very attractive girl, mention pride, bring up any LGBT-related subject, etc. I agree that you absolutely don't have to come out - your sexuality is entirely your business after all - but you need to somehow express how you feel - that you're just not interested in those boys at all.