1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel like I'm receding further into the closet.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ThatGuyT, Apr 18, 2015.

1. ThatGuyT

ThatGuyT Guest

Since moving to Germany to study I've been really relaxed about my orientational insecurity. I wanted to just relax and see what happens/experiment a little.
    When I first arrived here, my brother asked me what I though of the girls in Germany. I'm not ready to come out yet so played it off pretty cool and said something like: "There's so many hotties to choose from." Now that I moved into a student house with 3 housmates, who happened to all be female :roflmao: , my brother asked me if they were attractive and advised me not to start anything with one of them since I would have to be around them all the time even if things didn't work out...and today a friend asked me the same question. If I were ready to come out I would have used these questions to do so but at this point in my life they just force me to lie and this maked me feel like I'm taking steps in the wrong direction. Now I'm not going to let this distract me from my studies or ruin my time here but it just makes me feel a bit uneasy. I'm sure many of you have had similar questions from family members and friends. How did this make you feel?

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I remember that like I would say oh ya I'm so gonna be a teen dad, blah blah, etc. after coming out it was a big release.

3. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hate, and I'd hate it even if I were straight. Who do they think they are, invading my private life like that? It's noone's business until it gets to a point where it is apparent, and only because it's apparent, not because there's a universal law that you have to tell everyone that you're in a relationship.

Nowadays I'm actually anticipating them and I always have a few prepared answers to use, because I've figured out that when I travel somewhere and come back from the trip, family members often pop these questions.

#3 Brandiac, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2015
  4. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm taking the position I've read about on ECs. If the "sexuality" subject comes up I will no longer perpetrate the lie. I will calmly say, "in all likely hood I'm gay and thus I do not....." I will / have gone on to say, "if you have any suggestions to help me, please feel free to speak up."

I no longer have the energy or time to continue the lie.