1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Pansexual Going To A Regional UMC conference...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by David21201, Apr 19, 2015.

1. David21201

So, my mother is forcing me to go to Cal-Nev Regional United Methodist Church Conference. I'm hoping I do not get selected to go. I'm worried that I'm gonna be one of the few LGBTQ+ people there and that if there are others they'll be treated like they are just worthless. I REALLY do not want to fucking go.

Another thing is that this same week I was supposed to go to a con and now I can't go to it and my mother said even if I don't get selected for UMC Conference I can't go to con.

Anyway, to my questions. Is there anyway that's been to this specific one, one in a different region, or will be going this year that has been before and can tell me what the hell this is going to be like?

I'm not even very religious sooooo yeah....:bang::bang::bang::bang::help::bang::bang::bang:

2. Im Hazel

Are you out to your mom? If so, then just explain. Methodists are one of the more accepting religions. For a long while, they were pro-LGBT & even set up charities to help LGBT people.

3. David21201

My mom refuses to listen. She keeps saying bull shit like "its just a phase" etc.

4. Im Hazel

I don't know then. People like that infuriate me. Have you tried reasoning with her? Explain your feelings. Refuse to go because her cristianity could just be a phase. Explain that even a person experiencing "pansexual phase" would, for "that phase", be pansexual; and therefor offended directly by homophobia. As well as being at risk from the christian bigots.