1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why, life?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Mischief, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Mischief

Mischief Guest

It genuinely amazes me how much a day can make a difference to my mental wellbeing. I was being abused by an anonymous person through a friends account on the last day of the holidays. Of course, this left me dreading the day to come. Back to school, feeling useless as ever, still no luck with a job and I'm already considering just giving up completely. My friend tricked me into thinking she attempted suicide.

I'm over wearing my binder and hearing my parents call me their daughter. I am their son. I wish all of this shit would just fuck off and leave me alone forever. There are a few positives, my new house is great. I just still don't feel like anything I getting better for me or my family. I don't really know what to do anymore. 3 years later with a psychologist and I feel worse now than ever, not to mention I'm too lazy to get off my ass and actually do things at school. My school isn't LGBTQ+ friendly at all, even with their "best efforts" to accept me.

How do I get out of this rut? It feels like I wont because I've been in it for so god damn long.

2. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Listening to advice given to me, and that I just saw... Develop positive coping mechanisms bae...

Meditation, art, music, or physical activity. Boxing, karate, bowling... something to divert your rage, anger, hate, and everything bad. Not drugs, or booze, or sex, or other harmful things.

These are crutches to get you past the pain. You have to calm down and process what happens inside after that. See if you can adjust your reaction for next time.

Make sure you tell your psychologist exactly what you said you feel, "3 years later, and I feel worse now than ever."

The lazy part can be part of depression, I know I could get into a lazy funk for weeks before I started addressing it.

If you want to see change in your life, you have to get up every day and make the effort to do something to change your life. Right now for you that means being a decent student, finding a job, staying sane, and out of trouble. Every day. Till you make your life better. One step at a time.

3. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mischief I agree with kindy14. Meditate. To get started find YouTube video on meditation. b) Make sure you exercise 3 to 5 times per week. c) drink plenty of water per day, dont slack.

Other tips. Psychiatrist. Ask him/her what method/technique they have in mind to help you. This qualifies them and lets them know they have a "PLAN" for you. If you like it stay with them. If not change psychiatrist.

Job. Some of the best jobs are those found via networking. Go and volunteer somewhere or volunteer a task. Example: pick up litter on the side of the road (wear bright clothing so you do not get run over.). Doing something positive should make you feel better. Example: I had a friend who volunteered at the homeless shelter. He loved it and it made him feel better about people and himself. This also got him recognized and he got job offers from businesses.