1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I relapsed and it... was bad

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by David21201, Apr 22, 2015.

1. David21201

I hadn't cut for MONTHS. I've felt like it, but I never did. Last night my mom was bitching at me and told I wouldn't amount to anything. My ex-girlfriend snapped at me over something small which made be cry. I could not stop crying. Later, I heard my mom saying bull shit about me to my grandma. I hate her.

I cut 4-10 times. A few were deep but not deep enough.

I know when I come out to my dad's side of the family, I'll be disowned. My mom hates me. My family except for maybe 4 people will/do hate me. I have no friends. I have no purpose. Why the hell am I even here? Just to be called "emo" "fag" "slut" "fat" "ugly" etc.?

I hate it here. Maybe nobody will miss me. I'm sick of battling the voices and these fucking demons.

2. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

please don't do that again. there are plenty of the people in the world who will care about you whether you are straight, gay, bi, or pan. you have to be around to find them.

(*hug*)

as far as purpose in life, some people never know their true purpose. I think I'm only just now finding mine. the rest of my life has been work, play, eat, sleep, repeat. you have a passion for something, so be the best at what brings you joy.

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I think you should get out of that atmosphere if you're not comfortable. Sometimes, even with family, things don't work out in life. You owe them nothing, and you have no responsibility before them. I don't know, however, if you're staying for some specific reason...? Feel free to get back on that.
    If you'd do that, you'd be denying yourself all the good things in life; it's like Sam Gamgee said (paraphrasing): "I know this world is terrible, Mr. Frodo. But there's some good in it, too. And it's worth fighting for."
    If you are in an unaccepting environment, don't just wait for them to change, leave.
    Please take care of yourself, honey <3

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is a very addictive pattern to cutting and self injury and like all addictions, it's not easy to break the habit. You did amazingly well to avoid cutting for months and I'm sure it wasn't easy, so don't beat yourself up for relapsing now. You were put under great pressure and made to feel bad.

Give yourself time to talk, time to recover and time to regain your composure and start over again. You shouldn't feel any sense of shame for relapsing.

Have you explored alternatives to cutting in the past? Cutting is a coping mechanism that's hard to break, but it's often easier if you can find a different solution that distracts you enough but is less destructive to your body. Bear in mind that talking is one such alternative and you can use this thread or forum as a safe outlet when the pressure is high.

Even though you feel hated and disowned by your family there are lots of people here who will love and care for you. Come here for some positive vibes.

5. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so sorry that you've relapsed. As a former self-harmer, I understand WHY you cut. I've found a better release for the emotions that lead up to cutting: I started writing poetry. It has definitely helped me "rehabilitate" mentally and physically, and I've been self-harm free for nearly 4 years now.

I feel so bad that you're having suicidal thoughts and feel like nobody will miss you. But I guarantee that there WILL BE people who WILL MISS YOU when you're no longer around. Are you in counselling? If not, I strongly suggest you seek professional help. Counselling will also help you feel like you DO have a purpose. And I know you have a purpose. You may not know what that purpose is at this moment, but know that there IS a reason that you're alive. Please feel free to talk to us again if things become too much for you. We're not professionals, but will try and help you to the best of our abilities. Thank you for sharing this with us. I hope you feel better soon (*hug*) (&&&)

6. David21201

I am 14 years old. The person whom I considered my "real" mom and who I would go to for help moved in October. I used to hide at her place and just calm down.

@Patrick: I have and absolutely nothing helps.

@Velvet: I refuse to go to counciling due to bad experience

I have cut several times again, my nervous tick(s) are back, I keep hearing and seeing 'them', I'm losing it....