1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What am I? (labelling)

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Hypee007, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Hypee007

Hypee007 Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi...

Ok so I know it doesnt really matter to "label" yourself to a specific orientation but.. Ive been having this obsession :bang: on wondering what I could be..? Idk.. not at all important to do so but it is to me..

So. Im a male. Who likes other males. Also attracted to females. Bisexual right? But then I like males more. Im more mentally/emotionally attracted to them:kiss:. Like to have a relationship with. And with females. Not so much Im still attracted to them. Physically not emotionally. I would have a relationship with a female but I dont think I would have any emotions in it just physical attractions.. I would have any sexual relations with them though. Maybe cuddle (*hug*) Have deep talks :grin:. Play around :eusa_danc.Not sexually. Am I gay? Bisexual? Biromantic? Anything? What could I be? Im physically attracted to woman. But not mentally. I am attracted to males both physically and mentally. But would look at the personality. Great looks would just be a bonus.

So what am I?:dry:

2. RedLynx

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Bisexual homoromantic... what do you think? :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 23rd Apr 2015 at 06:49 PM ----------

Or you could try demi-bisexual homoromantic...OMG, I'm starting to get confused myself :-D

3. Hypee007

Hypee007 Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    I knoooow its soo confusing. Idk which it would be... Lol

4. wardrobeescaper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    my first question would be. What do you masturbate over the most, males or females?

5. QuecksilverEyes

I agree with you :slight_smile: But being bisexual doesn't necessarilly (argh, that word :tantrum:slight_smile: mean you're equally attracted to men and women - it could be a 60:40 mix or literally anything else you can think of

6. Hypee007

Hypee007 Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    Id say females..? But then again.. I wouldnt do any sexual activity with females aswell.. Ive done it, and it was weird as hell. But still attracted to females. Just more like an open relationship with them without the sexual activity. With males well. Pretty much anything goes :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: im more into male-to-male relations. Serious relationships whereas the female will be just an open relationship with no sexual activity .

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My suggestion: Toss the idea of the unrecognized labels or the notion of a separation between romantic and sexual orientation, because there's no credible research or people in the field that find any basis to support them. Most of the time these labels cause more problems than they solve, because they encourage people to stay stuck and unresolved rather than actually bringing clarity.

Instead... it might be useful to recognize that many, many gay men, early in their coming out process, described themselves (in terms of their attractions) *exactly* as you are describing yourself. Often, it is part of the "bargaining" process of the stages of loss (in this case, loss of your identity as straight)... it goes something like "Well, I know I like guys, but I still sorta like girls, so maybe I could still end up with a girl and have a "normal" life."

Many, many, many gay men feel a strong friendship/connection with women. This is part of where the notion of "fag hags" comes from. But the connection is more like a close friendship... think Wlll and Grace. There's no sexual connection there.

None of this should be seen as devaluing or invalidating bisexuality, as there are plenty of people who are genuinely bisexual. The difference is, people who are genuinely bisexual actually have sexual attraction to the opposite sex, not just an appreciation or a desire to cuddle.