1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im kinda shocked

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by DylanV14, Apr 24, 2015.

1. DylanV14

DylanV14 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I already "seem" gay(I'm very effeminate) says my friend and although I'm not ready to be open about it i make an effort to come off as gay yet people still are shocked when they learn I'm gay... I do this to make it easier for me to be open about it when I'm ready. I need advice on maybe more effective ways to express my sexuality and be more open about it without being "openly gay" if that makes sense

2. Gandee

Gandee Guest

No, not really making sense.

If you want to be more open about your sexuality, then just casually mention your boyfriend in a conversation. Like "What do you do in the weekend?", "Oh, my boyfriend and I are going to a movie" However, I do not if that counts as "openly gay"

If you want to know "how to act more camp and effeminate so people can tell right it off away", then I'm not experience enough to give you a proper advice on that. From what I can see, you have already nailed the effeminate part. It is just how you naturally act, you don't have to tone it down, nor play it up.

Also, I think it's natural for people to be surprised. Normally, people would assume everyone to be straight, plus more people these days seem to know that straight guys can be feminine too.

What am I trying to say is: you don't have to come off as a gay person. When the topic of your sexuality comes up, just say it for what it is. If people are shocked, it's okay, it's not your fault that you don't look "gay" enough. Be patient and give them time.

3. DylanV14

DylanV14 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks and I'm sorry I didn't make much sense it's hard for me to explain things sometimes

4. 404dotexe

Being gay is way more than acting camp, did they hear you talking about men being hot, or even flirting with another men. No, I bet, so I can see why they might be surprised. Also they may have thought it, but denied it to themselves? I'm not really sure, this is quite complicated TBH

*hugs* I hope they don't have a problem besides being shocked

5. DylanV14

DylanV14 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wish I could explain it better

6. Im Hazel

I accidently called a friend sexy this week. Everyone knows that I like men now, so if you want to do something like that, the word sure gets around... But that is being pretty open, and it also invites a lot of hate. (Someone actually called me a "fa****", and tried to push me down some stairs the other day.) If your neighbourhood is very conservative, then maybe giving this whole idea a miss is a good idea. Best of luck anyway! (*hug*)

7. DylanV14

DylanV14 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh god I hate that word but I don't know maybe I just think I'm not ready to come out to everyone I think trying to come of as gay is me trying to make it easier but I really don't know... Being outed(basically) didn't give me the luxury of waiting till I'm ready... I don't try to hide being gay(I suck at it anyways) but I never tried "flaunting" it till recently... I've always heard don't come out in middle school but I just want to get it over with.

8. Im Hazel

Well, I've basically come out in middle-school and I'm still alive, so it can work out. But, remember, don't put yourself in danger. Please be safe. Good luck.

9. 404dotexe

I am at college and i have to admit i have only told a few people, but people are mature enough and are happy for me, they might tease or joke a little, but its fine