1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think my parents just disowned me

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by David21201, Apr 25, 2015.

1. David21201

Hey guys. I know some of you have read my relapse thread. Well... I got into a huge ass fight with my step-dad today. He was nagging and telling me what to do while I was doing it. He yelled at me for having an attitude. He asked my why and i wouldn't answer him then he said and I quote: "You're gonna fucking tell me and if you dont I'm gonna push you until you fucking do"

I told him why. I told him I felt like he does nothing. He then went to go into my room to get rid of everything and i grabbed at him screaming for him to stop. He slapped me and shoved me against the table. I screamed and screamed and told my little sister to call our mom. He then shoved me onto the bed, slammed my bedroom door and shouted at me for a good hour. I was shaking and scared too death. He said he's taking my door away and getting rid of my stuff....

When my mom got home she said that I started it and I deserved it for being a spoiled little bitch. She also said not to tell anyone because she could lose her job. She also told me I could just pack my things and move out.

I told my grandma. my ex girlfriend, and my current boyfriend. My grandma said if I need to I can move in with her, so did my girlfriend, and my two friends who are engaged to each other said i could even though they didnt know the circumstances.

I'm crying. I'm depressed. I want to die.

2. guitar

Rubix, that is an absolutely heartbreaking story. I'm so sad you're trapped in an environment like that. Your stepfather sounds like an unsupportive douchebag. Your mother also seems to be in a place in her life that she's unhappy with. Having a partner who threatens your child and your career is disgusting. On the one hand, leaving your current life will be hard (ALL change is difficult). On the other, in a new environment, you will be given the chance to grow and flourish.

Send me a wall message if you need to talk.

3. 404dotexe

I'm nearly crying, it sounded awful.
    *hugs and cuddles, my hand lightly stroking you* i know its hard, but things should improve, im here for you

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, Rubix.

I'm so sorry you had to experience this. No one deserves this sort of treatment. It is absolutely abusive and unacceptable. You deserve a safe and loving home and people who will love you and care for you exactly as you are.

Since you're in California, you have a lot of protections and resources available to you. It sounds like the simplest option might be to move in with your grandmother, but you may also want to consider contacting (or have your grandmother, or your guidance counselor at school) contact Child Protective Services. They can intervene and help provide assistance for your grandmother to care for you, while also getting your parents the help they need to understand that the way they're treating you isn't acceptable.

Please keep posting here and keep us up to date.

5. David21201

I've noticed that your are from the same region as me. I live in the really really really really rural area. It wasn't bad enough for CPS... We don't want to go that far.

It's not that I'm afraid to it's just I can't do that to them....

6. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm really sorry that happened to you! Most definitely DO tell someone about that. If he physically assaulted you, that should not go unpunished. You should go to the police. As soon as you can, take everything you can and leave.

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've noticed that your are from the same region as me. I live in the really really really really rural area. It wasn't bad enough for CPS...[/quote]

What you described is absolutely bad enough for CPS. Arguably, it's something that would require us, as a California nonprofit, to make a mandatory report. You'd be a lot better off to get help yourself.

Who is we?

You can't let parents who are blatantly abusive, threaten your basic security, put you at risk, and demean your self worth and self esteem get the help they need to stop treating you like shit?

I don't mean to be harsh but... you're in an extremely abusive situation. Just because you don't have broken bones to prove it doesn't mean it isn't abusive. Please get help.

8. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Oh hun, you need to get out of that abusive situation. Chip is right, this level of abuse ought to be reported.

Your step-dad sounds like he has anger and control issues. Now, you are 14, but you should never be yelled at like that and threatened with being kicked out. For not doing something the exact way your step-dad was yelling at you to do... Weird.

9. Theron

I would encourage you to call CPS on your step-dad, and possibly your mom as well. Your sister is a witness to his behavior and not only his behavior but your mother's reaction were inappropriate and unacceptable.

Fry their asses, in other words. You are 14. They cannot legally kick you out.

10. David21201

Hello everyone.

I talked to my school counselor (who i hate but *shrug* ) My step-dad has to attend anger management stuff and I'm being forced back into therapy which threw me into a deeper depression.

I'm living with my parents, but after school and weekends I leave and go somewhere else.

My depression has risen. My self confidence is fucking dead. So I guess everythings ok?

(I told another one of my friends who was abused and she said and I quote "If that motherf***** touches you, you get your ass to my house and I'll take care of his woman beatin ass for you" Its nice to have friends)

11. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :tantrum:
    I would still encourage you to contact CPS despite your reservations. I would also encourage you do see if you can permanently reside somewhere else, possibly the friend you mentioned's house.

12. SpaceJayce

If they did it once, they'll do it again until you can get out of that toxic environment. I'd urge you to call CPS and make other living arrangements.

I hope everything is OK and all. You can message me on my wall if you want to talk.

13. Cam65

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love ur supporting friends :')
    Be strong! and good luck