1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying but failing

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Blazer97, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Blazer97

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi i'm an 18 year old female. Been trying to work out for abs for months but it seems like the 6 pack arent coming out :/ It's kinda demotivating that i tend to give up and eat unhealthy food quite often now. Do i have to take protein shake or smth like that ? I eat regular meals and cut down on carbohydrates. Any fitness or diet advice?
    Would really appreciate it lots :slight_smile:

Attached Files:

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I can give you some tips. I've got fairly visible abs, and I kind of sort of following something like this (or least did, to get them ^^ )

Diet
    -Maximum once a week of either junk food, snacks such as chips, candy, soda, etc.
    -Don't focus on eating few carbs. Rather focus on eating lots of protein-rich foods and veggies etc., and you'll feel naturally full with naturally less carbs
    -Try removing trans fats and saturated fats etc. if you have them in your diet now, e.g. lard, cream-based butter, etc., and exchange for oils

Training
    -Running is a great way to build abs. Try running maybe 2, 3 times a week
    -Always include cardio/intense low-weight training in your routine
    -Include heavier lifting, such as deadlifting. Remember to take it easy and stay safe <3
    -If you do specific abs exercises (I very rarely do), then be varied. Sit-ups are fine, but be sure to use many different abs exercises
    -There are slightly unorthodox exercises that are really awesome, if you want to spend a litte time digging into that, I think that's a good idea.
    for example, there's this one where you have a bat, do a half squat with your back straight and hit a rubber tire on the ground. when I did that I could practically feel my abs pulsating against my t-shirt!
    Good luck, hope that helps! :slight_smile:

3. Blazer97

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Okay! Will continue working on it! Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

4. guitar

What helped my abs tremendously were leg lifts and rowing, in addition to sit-ups.

[​IMG]