1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared to ask for help

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by LookingForAutum, Apr 28, 2015.

1. LookingForAutum

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi, I'm a 14 year old girl and I've been questioning my sexuality for over a year now. I came out to my best friend (let's call her Anne) a few months ago. I explained to her that I was unsure of my sexuality and she was supportive and that was that. For the past month or so, questioning my sexuality has started to really wear me down and I am constantly tired, sad and emotionally drained. What I really need is someone to talk to but I'm too afraid to ask for help. Anne was really worried about me in the beginning, but now I feel like she's just annoyed by the fact that I'm "never happy anymore." It's hard to explain to her what it feels like, but I'm trying to get her to understand. She says that she's there for me, but I'm scared to ask her for the help and support that I know I need.

Any advice on how to talk to her, how to explain how I'm feeling right now or how to ask for help would be much appreciated.

2. Lugia

Lugia Guest

Hey, I know how you feel. Questioning can be a long and exhausting journey, and if your friend hasn't been down that road she probably is confused as to why you aren't satisfied. Unfortunately, I haven't been in the same situation since I'm still not out at all yet, but I can tell you that if she is a true friend she will want to listen to how you feel. She may not completely understand what you are going through, but I'm sure she really does want to be there to comfort you. I hope this helped, and if you ever need someone else to talk to, I'm here.
    :goodluck:

3. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's hard for Anne to know what to do to help you, so I'm sure she is just feeling frustrated right now. It may be time to hit the reset button on this issue. Your friendship has more to it than just her helping you with a specific problem so acknowledge that by doing something nice for Anne to show her how much you appreciate her. Bring some fresh air back into your friendship by going out and having fun without bringing up any of your problems. That might help the both of you approach the subject again later on with a new perspective. Good luck!

#3 Monraffe, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015