1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scared help me

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by GayNurse95, Apr 29, 2015.

1. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Im pretty scared.
    I have been sick with the stomach flu for the last few days.
    I had to work an overnight shift while it was at its worst and almost lost my job. I am still in fear of losing it. I am only one mistake away from losing my job.
    I had to go to the ER and now I owe the hospital $1400. I have no insurance and my next insurance will not cover it.
    I need to pay $900 for my next rental house. Security deposit and all. I have to pull the whole thing to get the keys.
    I have to pay $70 for health insurance each month. I need to pay for meds.
    Also, I need to pay $500 for car insurance.
    Parents will not help and have left me. They will not help.
    I am very scared. I fear I will lose my home, my car, and my job.
    Im not sure what to do anymore and I am starting to think it is not worth living anymore. I am seriously terrified. I do not know what to do anymore.
    I get paid twice a month. I have $800 in the bank. I get about $650 to $700 a per paycheck.
    What do I do?

2. TheHesitantAlien

Shit. That's serious! :frowning2: I really feel for you, bruh... I'm really sorry, but I haven't a clue on how to help...I'm so sorry! But keep hoping - you will find a way through! :slight_smile:

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you have a short term cash flow problem arising from the ER treatment and I wonder if you could seek some free financial/budgeting advice to help you through this hole?

I don't exactly know how it works in the United States, but in my country (UK) Credit Unions are a good source of help and financial support because they are run on a not for profit basis and don't charge extortionate fees for their products. It might be worth contacting a CU to see if they can help.

As a first step I would urge you to seek free financial advice (maybe from a debt charity or money advice service). Debt issues can be dealt with if you show willing and work out a repayment plan - it's only when you ignore the problem that it gets really nasty.

Take those steps and don't lose hope.

4. AKTodd

Ok, let's take this from the top...

Is the situation with your job related to your recent health issues or has this been going on for a while and is just coming to a head now? If you are healthy and able to work properly, is there the option of getting back on your employer's good side? Or is this a situation in which there is too much water under the bridge or they simply don't have a good side?

If there doesn't seem to be any hope of salvaging this or they are simply a crappy place to work, I'd suggest trying to start the process of finding somewhere else where you may be happier and where it may just be a nicer place to work.

Contact the hospital's billing department, explain your situation, and see if they have a program that will let you pay the bill in installments. A lot of hospitals have this sort of thing (my sister has done this) because there are so many people without insurance and medical costs are so high. Often a provider will be willing to work with you and actually get their money (albeit a bit more slowly) vs having to pay the costs of taking you to collections.

This may be the trickiest issue. Are there any friends you could borrow the money from? Do you have to live at this place or could you find something cheaper and/or get a roommate or roommates? If push really comes to shove you might try contacting an LGBT church or community center and see if they can offer any support or advice for finding a living situation you can afford or a place to live rent free.

Is the car insurance cost quarterly? Every six months? Something else?

Also, earlier you said you have no insurance. What are you paying the $70/month for?

If you're looking for a new job, another incentive might be higher pay. Or working more than one job to make ends meet - at least for a while.

Don't lose hope. I've lived for a week on hot dogs and rice krispies when money was tight. Have had the same care repossessed twice. Have come home to the power cut off. Got to know the collection depts for a couple credits cards so well that when I moved across country they trusted me to contact them when I got there even though I didn't know my new address yet (and I did). I've had a job I hated so much that I seriously thought about getting into a car accident on the way to work just so I wouldn't have to deal with it for a while.

I now make vastly more money than I did then, have a nice home and a great husband.

It can get better. It will get better. Don't give up and see if there are resources in your area that can help and offer advice. Counselors, priests, charities, shelters, etc.

Hope this helps,

Todd