1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Legal Work and Your Preferred Gender

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Lawlett, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Lawlett

Lawlett Guest

Hello,

I just had a question, and didn't really know how to go about getting the answer. I'm a trans*male but pre-op and pre-hormones. I identify as male though, and would like people to recognize me as such. My question was, when I am filling out job applications or similar paperwork do I put male or female?? I assume that for legal things, I have to put my "legal gender" which is unfortunately still female. But how would I tell the people I work with that I'm trans*... without telling them I'm trans*?

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    First a question in return: Are you, or aren't you, in school? When you say "people I work with", do you mean people in school?

In Sweden it is possible to legally change your gender from female to male and vice versa. (I don't know if it's possible to change it to 'other' or equivalent, I guess I'll find out in due time...
    Maybe you could look at doing that (if you can do that in the States)?

I don't think you'll be able to be recognized as trans* without telling them...