1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my ignorant mother

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MrK21, May 1, 2015.

1. MrK21

so i have came out to my mom as bisexual. at first she was like "i don't believe in bisexuality, your either one or the other." i think we are way past that that phase now. however, when i posted a post something on fb about one of my strongest preferences...the one i am just been ever so notorious for. she was like you can be gay, you can bi, but you gotta get over that freaky shit you like, and said she could not support that. she says those people are crazy and confused. yeah i think she's the one thats crazy and confused. any advice

2. itsmary

If you prefer girls maybe you should tell your mum, make it easier for her. I told my mum I'm gay but I'm not completely sure, I just prefer girls over boys but I'm still atracted to them physically. I didn't want her to be confused so I prefer that she thinks I'm 100% gay

3. MrK21

Okay, I prefer guys, and yeah that strongest preference is for trans guys and she just thinks that trans people are mentally ill and confused.

4. AKTodd

Your mother is not the one who will be having your relationships (intimate or not) nor is she the one living your life. Who you like and who you may choose to have (age appropriate and mutually consenting) sexual relations with is none of her business.

Not sure what your age is, but if you are an adult on your own, you can do as you please and she can either accept it, suck it up, or not have her child in her life. If you are still at home, then you might keep quiet about it to keep the peace until you get out on your own, after which the first situation applies.

Living your life for the sake of other people's approval is never a good idea.

Todd

5. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is more about your relationship with your mother than the topic of orientation. AKTodd is right on that part. You and your mother both seem to be strongly opinionated people. That's a good thing but it does require both of you to get your facts straight before putting your energy behind them. So instead of looking at this as an opportunity to fight, maybe you can enlighten each other on what the other one knows – you, someone who is actually bisexual with some not-so-freaky stuff going on, thank you very much, and her, someone with years and years of real life experience who has met, I don't know, maybe 1,000 times more people than you have. Divided you each stay in your own isolated worlds but combined... you might actually teach each other something.