1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to meet people?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Erica101, May 4, 2015.

1. Erica101

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Wasn't too sure where to post this....

I came out to two close friends as gay at the start of the year, which was great and such a relief! However my close group of friends (girls) aren't the best at talking, not that i needed to talk about it, but it hasn't been brought up again since i told them.

Now i'd like to go out and meet more LGBT people and with any luck find someone....however thats where I'm struggling....Where do you meet people? I'd like to go to a gay club however none of my friends are that way inclined, also i'd feel really awkward if they were there and i'm sure they'd feel uncomfortable too, not to mention its a bit sad going out by yourself no? :grin:

I also know no other gay people.

I've gone 26 years of being in the closet, I don't want to waste my life by not going out and meeting others, i've never had a relationship, just because i knew i was gay, but never felt comfortable about admitting it, until recently.

I just wondered if anyone else had any similar experiences when they first came out? Where did you meet people?

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  3. bluediamond

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The thread jay777 posted looks pretty helpful. I, too, am looking for like-minded people I can meet with and talk to face to face. I live near Milwaukee and I found this site MKE LGBT Community Center | Be Yourself! It has a list of events, get togethers, and businesses to help people connect. I'm sure there's something similar for Chicago.

4. Erica101

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks Jay777 and Bluediamond! Will check the thread and link out :slight_smile: