1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussing relationship status

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Maeve, May 4, 2015.

1. Maeve

Sooo, I've been dating this great girl for a few weeks. We haven't really discussed relationship status. I want to ask her to be my girlfriend, but I don't know how and I don't want it to be awkward.

I've told one friend about us, plus a few of our mutual friends know we're "a thing." We have a date tomorrow, so I want to bring it up then.

Is it too soon? Being with her just feels so right. We HAVE known each other, in a casual way, for months but we've only been dating for a little while.

asdhfjl I have the feels :icon_redf

#1 Maeve, May 4, 2015
    Last edited: May 4, 2015
  2. alluringsecret

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you've been "dating her" for a few weeks and you've known her for months, I would personally say you're more than ready to discuss the relationship status with each other! Just honestly and openly tell her how you feel and I'm sure she'll feel the same way! :slight_smile: I wish you luck!

3. Maeve

I forgot to mention she's the first girl I've dated. She's been in relationships with women before. I've never done this before and I'm really nervous

4. guitar

I find usually around the 1-2 month mark is a good time to ask "so, are we dating?"

5. Maeve

She's told some of her coworkers about me and also her sister (who a coworker thought was her girlfriend, aka me, lol :eusa_naug). She mentioned that she wants me to meet her sister too. I'm still in the process of coming out. I don't mind her telling people at all (I think I like it!), I'm just terrible at it, haha.

I just don't know how to bring it up and I don't want to chicken out.

6. robclem21

"Will you be my girlfriend"

7. chocolate dream

Glad i found this post.I was wondering the same thing myself.
    I went on a first date with a woman yesterday and we got on really well.Weve constantly been messaging each other at every available opportunity for weeks now.Its all looking promising and we are having a 2nd date this weekend.
    Ive not had much practice on discussing a relationship status and each time ive had a girlfriend its been different.Im not sure how or when i should bring up the subject.
    Also,i know this might sound stupid but how do people go about showing affection when they start dating someone,like kissing or holding hands if its not in a gay bar? Its a bit awkward in a public place when you dont normally do those things.

8. Maeve

Aaarrgh, I didn't do it.