1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

am I overreacting?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ilovesg, May 5, 2015.

1. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    every single day when I'm leaving school, the guy who checks my ID asks me why I'm not smiling. He'll say something sarcastic like "wow you look so happy" and it's not like a passing thing because my dad picks me up from school and they will have like minute long conversations while I'm trying to leave and just go home. Today he asked me why I don't drive myself which he always does and it's so annoying. And then he said "....wow you look happy like REALLY HAPPY I can't believe how happy you look." it's so annoying I don't need your sarcastic comments every single day when I'm just trying to leave. And then my dad like pushed up my face like I was smiling and they both laughed. As we were driving away I said really loudly that I was going to complain about him because it's getting ridiculous and my dad said he's just teasing blah blah blah. I'm so sick of him what do I do. I know I'm kind of over reacting but guys always do this to me and it's annoying and rude.

2. LaEsmeralda

It does just sound like teasing. Why don't you just smile at him? It's a common courtesy. You sound like Kevin the teenager. Obviously this guy is friends with your dad and he's just making a little bit of harmless conversation to try to cheer you up! If you humour him and smile the next time you see him, he'll not make the joke and he'll leave you alone.

3. Im Hazel

If it bothers you, ask him not to. Some people just don't smile. When I am dressed as "guy mode" (eg. 99% of the time), I never smile. I only smile when I'm wearing makeup and/or girly clothes. If you don't feel like smiling, don't. And you don't need some peppy little security guard telling you otherwise.

4. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    the thing is that I've never been to rude to him or not smiled at him before. every day I try my best to say hi to him and smile and he does it anyways. and why should I try to pretend to be overly happy to see him everyday like he's the best part of my day when he's so rude lol

5. Cedar

Ask the guy to leave you alone. If he doesn't, keep asking, if he continues, complain to his boss about him harassing you. You shouldn't have to be excessively happy towards everyone if you don't want to be.

6. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Next time he does it stop, look him straight in the eye, really deep like, and say as seriously as you can, "Why do you always make comments about how I look?" Don't say it with any emotion. Be as forceful as you can like you are demanding a truthful answer from him. Look for bullshit when he answers you and demand the real truth, "No seriously, I want to know what you are trying to accomplish by commenting on how I look to you. Do you think it matters to me how I look to you?" Try not to sound annoyed or angry, just curious but in a forceful way. If he gives you another bullshit answer then just walk away. Every time he tries this demand he tells you what he wants from you. In his mind he thinks he has power over you and this is a good way to fight back. Another good way is to knock his teeth out but that comes with consequences. :icon_wink

7. Ophelia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think there's a chance he might be flirting with you. You need to find a way to let him know that it is not ok, even if that means you have to report his behavior as harassment. I've certainly experienced this type of thing before; it's aggressive and unwanted and you shouldn't have to put up with it just because it seems like only a minor annoyance to other people. I'm sorry you're going through this. (*hug*)

8. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This gets my vote :thumbsup: :grin: :lol: