1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

set out my goals ! but need help with something<_>

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by joshy the queen, May 7, 2015.

1. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ok so i have set out my goals as where should i go where should i live what should i do after i finish high school what college what major etc....
    so im going to San Francisco since its first LGBT friendly i think and gay marriage is legal video game designing and art colleges most of them are there and i have a friend there she told me that even though its not NY OR LA but hey at least its cheaper than those two as i was planning to go to NY or LA but i found out how expensive they are !
    i planned everything but i stopped when i saw that the college tuition is wayyyy to high for my parents to pay for me at anyway they said they can help me with the rent and the whole living thing but they cant help me with that tution since i have 4 sisters another brother and my family isnt that rich
    so i heard about scholarships that give you money to study in any college or major you choose if you qualify
    anyone heard know can help or even know how can i get one???
    next year is my last high school year and after that i should have planned everything so i can pack my things and leave away from here !
    any ideas ??
    my dad keeps nagging saying get a scholarship i cant pay you 80'000$ !
    if you have an idea about a country (that speaks english as their first language im going to live there i dont want to travel back n forth or whatever!) where i can study video games and work after i graduate from my college like a place for young people to start new easy ? :icon_sad:
    oh and gay marriage is A MUST for anywhere i go !

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Don't know how much help I can give you since I'm not from the US, but I can give you a little tip - Scotland is generally free of charge on uni level, even for foreigners. Might be something there, I don't know.

best of luck <3

3. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    arfff

i was looking for a higher ed costs in several places, USA was very very over my budget ($25.000 to $50.000)
    its like really really expensive

i've heard that school there also give financial aids, but i dont know the procedure
    how about student loan? or governmental scholarship? have you consider it?
    In Indonesia you can study abroad for minimum costs supported by government but the catch is you have to go back and work for them for several years under contract...
    I dont know if your country have same program but you should ask your country's ministry of education, i think its worth a shot...
    since you decided to to go to US then probably some folks will give better advice

but if you keep open minded about other country, European country like Germans and Netherlands are wayyyy more affordable and thy're all LGBT friendly in general

best of luck
    arfff

4. Hyaline

Joshy, we live just on the outskirts of Los Angeles and I can tell you it is pretty expensive to live here as well. But you can find schools that are outside of Los Angeles proper that might be less expensive choices. One thing about State run schools in California, they charge people from out of state quite a higher amount for tuition. So while cost of housing might be less expensive, your cost per unit for classes is going to be about 3-4 times the amount California residents would pay for unit for school. Schools outside of Los Angeles proper might be better choices, but it really is dependent on what you major is. San Francisco is an amazing city, but incredibly expensive to live.

I might be able to get your more information. We live about 2 miles from California State University San Bernardino.

5. Eye Shine

Well California in it of itself is pretty LGBT friendly all over the place. The tuition costs for Cal State San Bernardino and Cal State Fullerton and possibly Long Beach ar about 3500 to maybe about 4000 by the time you attend, but Hyaline is right about the rates rising for out of state residents. I also suggest that you find a roommate close to your college rather than board at the college itself.

Next year I transfer in the fall of 2016 and I plan to go to Cal State Fullerton (preferred) or Cal State Long Beach both are super friendly with LGBT and will definitely be more affordable compared to NY or LA schools despite the higher rates. Also Cal State San Bernardino is my third choice but the reason I don't want to go there is because it is a commuter school primarily and it isn't as great imo to Orange County (OC).

All in all I would say if you could find an affordable college in San Francisco county, Los Angeles County, Orange County, or San Diego county it would be ideal place to live. Also the boarding at the schools is crazy you will save a big chunk of money if you move in with other students as a roommate in an apartment near the school. You would have to pay for food but it will still be cheaper.

You can PM me if you want to know anything about California. I don't know much about other places regarding college.