1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invisible feelings

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Sebulba, May 9, 2015.

1. Sebulba

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So, ive been a member for a while how ever ive only recently been active after a while of being off due to a family matters. Anywho ive been feeling rather invisible lately and it's been around for about 2 and a half to 3 weeks. i feel as though i go unnoticed and i have to make a significant effort to even exist. Then when i am noticed all i seem to do anymore is make everyone else mad. Am i doing something wrong? Or are people just plain mean?, Is this random? Am i cursed? :icon_sad:

2. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    there is no such thing as a curse. Do not let your hopes down hun. Just be yourself and be kind to others and others will reciprocate :slight_smile:. You're not alone sweetie never forget that n_n feel free to post on my wall anytime you like n_n (*hug*)

3. Sebulba

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Aww thank you

4. blossoms

blossoms Guest

I'm sorry you're going through this (*hug*)

I obviously don't know the whole situation, but I highly doubt you're doing anything wrong and you're definitely not cursed! Do you feel this way around both your friends and family? There was a time in my life where I felt kind of insignificant around my family, but with my friends I felt more myself and happier. Have you tried taking some time out to yourself to have some "me-time"? Sometimes when I'm feeling invisible, it helps to just do things I love doing, like watching my favourite shows or catching a movie with a friend or even just making my favourite meal for dinner. It's the smallest things that mean the most and they might help you feel a little bit better, even just the tiniest amount.

I really hope things go well for you, and I'm happy to talk more if you'd like :slight_smile:

5. Sebulba

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

Well, thats just it, i cant realy be me around my family the majority of them are religion centered, :bang: and i dont really have friends at all. :frowning2:

6. blossoms

blossoms Guest

Ahh, I'm really sorry to hear that, it's bad enough going through tough times, but it's even worse when you've not got friends/family support to help you through. Are you studying/working? I know it's not easy, but just plucking up the confidence to make a passing comment or even asking how someone is may help to facilitate the start of a conversation, which may help if you're feeling socially invisible. It might even lead to a full-blown chat! Trying to keep busy and distracted often helps, but again, I don't know exactly how you're feeling so it's hard to say :icon_redf

If you're feeling like this every day then I'd recommend perhaps seeking guidance from a doctor/support group if you're able to? Having the opportunity to tell someone else may help alleviate some of what you're going through and they might even be able to suggest something that could help you in the long-run. Definitely continue posting on here as well! Even though I'm a complete newbie, the support and advice I've received has made a positive difference to how I feel, and at least then you'll hopefully feel a little less alone - even if you just want to vent!