1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting to Give up

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ryanthechef888, May 10, 2015.

1. ryanthechef888

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I guess I really just need to vent some stuff, maybe get some advice

To start I'm 19 years old, gay male. I'm mostly in the closet, only a few friends know that I'm gay. But even when I'm around my friends that know Im gay, I'm still not very comfortable talking about my sexuality. I feel like when I do talk about anything sexuality related, they feel akward and are unsure of what to say. I understand the feeling, because im clueless when they talk about women. Plus honeslty i feel like my sexuality is no ones buisness but my own. Thinking of my parents or brothers eventually knowing that im gay scares me. I dont know why im so scared. But on the flip side, me hiding my sexuality is enabeling me from entering a relationship with another male. I really want to find a partner to connect too, because im really sick of being alone all the time. I feel like I deserve to have someone show me effection. the biggest reason Im sick of being alone, is my so called "best friend" is a jerk. Ive always had a difficult time meeting new people, especially guys. It sucks realizing that my "best friend" isnt really my best friend. So recently ive dont hangout with anyone, i just go work everyday and come home and pretty much do nothing. I just wish i had someone to connect with and be able to enjoy myself and make memories while im young.
    Sorry if this doesnt really make sense. I just needed to get it off my chest

2. Gracie

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I can understand how you feel, that's for sure. If you need someone to talk to who's gone through a lot of that sorta stuff feel free to msg me k? :slight_smile: I hope you feel better soon

3. nohalos

Hi and welcome to EC!

It must be really tough to have friends that are uncomfortable with what you are. But I do hope you find the support you seek here! I hope you frequent this site because there's much to learn, a lot of people to be friends with...

And most importantly, be comfortable in expressing yourself. Please do explore the forums!