1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationship Advice

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by theguy, May 10, 2015.

1. theguy

theguy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sorry for the long story but I don't want my friends to know I have feeling for my best friend at this moment so I'm seeking anon advice.

I'm in college and I'm openly gay, yet not too fem. I've been best friends with a guy for like 8 months now. We are literally like ALWAYS together. We have been just really close friends and but within the last months I have had the thought about us being more than friends on an almost daily basis. Literally when we're around each other I feel happiness that I have never experienced. He isn't like the PERFECT looking person yet I find things about him really attractive. He often and very often point out girls that he wants to "smash" and I just act like I don't care lol. We go to college parties together and always go out to eat and shit. A couple of weeks ago he was DD and we were coming from a party & I had a little bit much in my system. I was being calm and collective and we were on our way back to his place (where I was staying because I was drunk) and then he asked, "how did you know you were gay?" Being in my drunken stupor I don't remember the whole convo but I remember him saying that after his last relationship he's questioned his sexuality he says that he can see himself with a guy emotionally yet the whole "sexual" thing he isn't into. I told him that it could be normal because most people do question their sexuality at least once in their lifetime. I told him that I would rather have that convo when I'm not drunk so I could give him a more accurate answer. That morning I text and ask him if we could have that conversation again and he said he wouldn't mind. The next time we hung out we were chilling and I brought it up. He brushed it off and switched subjects without entertaining the question. I didn't want him to feel uncomfortable so I left it alone and never brought it up again. I'm really torn with what to do! I REALLY enjoy having him as a friend yet I'm curious on how it would be if we took it to the next level. I've never had a straight guy friend this close and I really appreciate what we have. I need advice on what to do? Do you think he's gay?