1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do for my own sanity

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lemino, May 11, 2015.

1. lemino

Before I write anything this is not me ready to come out to my parents as they're both strongly anti-gay.

Fourth time re-writing this to keep it short and to the point.

My parents bugged both of my sisters about grandchildren and still do, they don't want any kids yet and get almost shunned about it, with me its about dating girls to marry and have kids with, I honestly don't care about if I have a child or not, if I do then I'll be a dad and love that child, attraction to girls well, I've had a very small amount of attraction to women and most to guys my age. What I want help on is how to stop myself getting annoyed and to the breaking point when they repeatedly ask about me and girls with their same questions weekly as If it is the news on TV repeating. They've had the same answer for weeks and months now but still ask but what has changed is their tone on "girl" and "women" with a stronger attitude which is almost a warning like "You must only date this one gender". Any techniques on how to not get too angry at my folks so I can have a convocation with them because I am unable to talk to them about anything now, not even my holiday I just had 4 days ago because that one topic always comes up, even when they go "any hot girls there?" with that tone, that is starting to boil me up.

Truth is: I have a crush on someone he seems to be flirty towards me and I do it back which makes me feel better about myself and he sees me go from a sad look to a happy smile so regardless if he does it for that reason to make me happier or if hes interested I enjoy that moment and won't get myself let down if he is not interested.

2. Najlen

I get it, I have relatives who ask me if I have met any boys, or say that lots of boys must find me attractive. It is incredibly irritating. You can try techniques like taking deep breaths and counting to ten when they make a comment like that, but there probably isn't a lot you can do to stop being annoyed by them. You could also try telling them that you are not interested in a relationship right now and that you feel like they are pressuring you to get into them. I don't know your folks, so I don't know how they would react to that, but it might be worth a try.

3. lemino

Thanks for your help, I told them I'm fine as I am and they will know if I meet anyone and I get they want me to be happy but I told them I feel pressured into something I am not ready for so hopefully that stops them asking constantly. Thank you :slight_smile: