1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting over rejection

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Ybelira Inias, May 12, 2015.

1. Ybelira Inias

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well, the title says it all and the story is not very interesting or tragic so I won't get too wordy. Most of you must have been through it: having a crush and deciding to tell them, then being rejected. I knew I should be expecting it and it didn't turn as bad as I thought it would. She was even supportive and said that our friendship stays unchanged.
    But it's still painful. I'm pretty sure both of us will need some time to stop feeling awkward and start talking normally again and since I have noone to talk to about it, I decided to ask you here. How do you get over a broken heart? Any advices you've learned in your life and would like to share? Or would you even recommend some music, that would help?
    Thank you very much.

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Hey there

I'm in the same situation now and it sucks.

I have decided to take time away from my friend and focus on other things. I recommend you do the same. There's nothing more painful than staying around someone you can't have and hopefully with enough time apart the friendship will go back to normal.