1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to be straight so badly

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ilovesg, May 15, 2015.

1. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I feel like I can't give up on trying to be straight until I try everything, like maybe if I date a guy I will eventually like it. I was reading an article called the kids are not alright and it was a girl who grew up with lesbian parents and she was saying how horrible it was. It made me angry at her and made me feel horrible about myself. Every time someone mentions having a baby or kids I always start hating on myself. I'll never have kids who are biologically mine even though I always thought that if I had kids I would adopt anyways. It just makes me sad that I don't even have the option. Moms always talk about how they feel so close to their kids because they have that connection and I won't have that if I adopt. And even if there was a way to have kids that were biologically mine, it seems so unnatural and more like a procedure than having a baby like everyone else. I don't know why I have such a hard time accepting myself but I always read articles by religious websites saying all these bad things about gay people and I always think who's right? LGBT supportive websites are just as biased as the religious ones and I don't know who to believe. I know it's stupid but I feel like maybe I should try to be straight. It's been like 2 years and I still can't get over it.

2. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have read that article and those women are seriously messed up. I feel bad for their mothers.

Sorry but you can't make yourself fall in love with a guy if you are only attracted to women. It doesn't work. You would be miserable and so would that person. You are who you are and you are perfect. Don't let the hatred of others rule your life. Is there anyone that you can talk to? A friend or family member?

3. AKTodd

There are plenty of kids with straight parents who have had horrible lives or thought they did. Some have even written books about it. Does this mean that all straight relationships are horrible?

My best friend and her husband tried for years to have children and then ended up adopting. Guess what? They absolutely love and adore their son and I've no doubt at all they feel a connection with him. I have a bunch of siblings who are only related to me by marriage. I still love them just as much as the siblings who I have some blood connection to.

What does being a lesbian have to do with any future children being 'yours' or not? Any children you produce biologically will be as much 'yours' as any straight woman's. That is to say you would be contributing half of the genetic material that makes them up. If you were straight and had children with a man and then the two of your divorced or he died would the children suddenly cease to be yours? As far as conception being a 'procedure', a lot of women (certainly in the tens of thousands, possibly in the millions) have such procedures done every year and they are totally straight. If you were straight and needed to use in vitro fertilization or similar to have a child would you feel they weren't yours?

Todd

4. Lazuri

I'm just going to say this very simply: there are no bad couples--one man and woman, two men, two women, doesn't matter--but there will always be bad parents and stupid people. Doesn't matter if you're gay or straight, they can both be equally bad parents, and kids can still grow up making bad decisions only to blame their shortcomings on some perceived fault in their upbringing, like same sex parents.

5. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I felt bad for their moms too. She even said she had a great mom so I don't know why she's saying having lesbian moms is so bad. I'm not out to any of my family and my friends don't really like talking about it so I don't really have anyone to talk to

---------- Post added 15th May 2015 at 07:08 PM ----------

I guess I forgot that straight people adopt and don't always have biological kids too. It's weird that it even bothers me because I've never really wanted kids lol If I did adopt though I know I would love them and feel like they were mine no matter what. I think this is just something I'm going to have to try get over and stop hating myself for. thank you x

---------- Post added 15th May 2015 at 07:10 PM ----------

Yes that's what I was thinking! So many kids with straight parents have horrible childhoods so I don't know why they were focusing on the ones with gay parents. It ended up making me feel bad but it was very biased

6. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm sorry about your friends. They should be there for you no matter the discussion. You have us:slight_smile:

7. IG88

Ha you and me both. I keep holding on to the fantasy that I'm straight, but lately I've not been very convincing.

There are very bias websites and such on either side of the gay issue. Have you read Matthew Vines's "God and the Gay Christian?" It's really good, and argues that God isn't against loving committed gay relationships since the bible only talked on the unloving lustful "relationships". I feel like he argued his point well with sufficient eveidence without it feeling like opinion instead of researched conclusions.

8. faithleap

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You should stop reading religious websites that say bad things about gay people! You'll never find a way to accept yourself if you keep looking at that stuff. It will eat you alive if you let it.

9. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'll check that out thanks!

---------- Post added 15th May 2015 at 10:56 PM ----------

I know I need to stop reading that stuff :frowning2:

#9 ilovesg, May 15, 2015
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
  10. MetalRice

(*hug*) It's okay, don't let the stupid articles or the hateful words of others get to you dear; your fine as you are.

11. HugasaurusRex

Just be who you are no matter what anyone. I am just glad I am not religious in anyway and have to put up with the dogma most of it spews.

12. CalgaryMac

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think that it is easy to be straight either. The challenge is that we all have to interact with humans which means that things can and likely will go off track at some point.