1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I make my mind shut up?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Lear, May 17, 2015.

1. Lear

what do you do when you constantly feel like your mind's gonna explode and the only things that make it better are getting either drunk or high or fucking your brains out?

2. The Wallflower

I get what you mean. Sometimes I feel like I'm going absolutely insane. I have such a huge lack of support that I even talk to myself to pretend someone's actually there for me.

Things I like to do:
    1.Draw. My drawings are horrific, but they help me focus on something else and relax. Coloring Books help, too. Sounds childish and ridiculous, but it helps. It really does.

2.Music. A natural cure! It always helps me when I'm feeling down. Just make sure you don't listen to sad music, even if you want to... just don't do it.

3.Talking. Call up one of your pals and have a conversation with them. If no one's available, try EC! Friends are there for you.

4.Chores. I know what you're thinking, but this actually works. One time I felt EXTREMELY angry at my mom, and grabbed a lawnmower. Cutting the grass actually helped me relieve my anger.

5.Get out of the house. Sometimes all you need is just a bresh of fresh air. I know that sometimes, I do. Just sitting there and watching the breeze blow into the trees is so calming and comforting.

These are just 5 things I thought up from the back of my head. There are tons of other things you can do when you feel this way. Just focus on other things.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/annaborges/take-care-of-yourself

3. ThatGuyT

ThatGuyT Guest

I don't think that I have that same problem as you but I think what The Wallflower said was great. I started knitting and crotcheting a few days ago because why not..... and it just takes 100% of my focus. It's pretty difficult but loads of fun. If you're into that sort of stuff you should try it.

Edit: And it's not weird for guys to knit or crotchet XD

4. Jellal

Being outside is a great way to freshen your head up. Also, maybe try some meditation.

5. heandsheisme

In terms of staying sane, I have work, school, video games (although a losing game of League of Legends can get me salty), Magic The Gathering, and the knowledge that I am wearing a bra because I am as much a woman as I am a man.

People here have suggested going outside. If you have some time and place where it is quiet and no one is around, go find a place that sells wooden swords. Buy one, take it to the quiet place, and start beating the living daylights out of the air.