1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nobody's accepting?!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lizella101, May 17, 2015.

1. lizella101

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I tried to come out last year and everyone bullied me. I told them all I was straight after I came out and felt the pressure and now I don't know what to do? Do I come out again? Or will it just make it worse? Because I know who I am but I find it difficult when people tell me who I need to be. Help?!?!

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aww I am sorry you got bullied that's tough (*hug*).

Your profile doesn't say how old you are and I respect that you might not want people to know but are you still at school?

3. lizella101

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm still in school and I'm 13. I don't know why it isn't showing my age because I didn't make it private but yes I'm still in school.

4. Hizaki

Well I'm glad that you're confident enough in your orientation to know it at least in your head, regardless of what stupid people say. That's a good start! :thumbsup:

Now, your age might be important in this, because people sometimes find it difficult to understand that a young person can be LGBT. Perhaps it might be beneficial to wait just a while longer, although the next part is more important...

Do you have any friends who are LGBT or allies? They could help you a lot. Even if you aren't friends with any already, I'm sure you could find somebody who could help keep people from picking on you (i.e. a sibling, a teacher, etc.).

---------- Post added 17th May 2015 at 04:04 PM ----------

It's showing it now, just so you know

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People at your age can be very cruel and school can be a tough place to be out. I know it isn't much help for you right now for me to say it will be easier as you get older.

Maybe you could try just coming out to 1 person to start with, is there anyone you are close to that you feel you can trust?

6. lizella101

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The bullying has died down because of those people. I never told them why they were bullying me though so nobody really knows except a couple of my really close friends. And I was thinking I should wait a while too. But it doesn't mean I don't know that I am gay or not you know?

---------- Post added 17th May 2015 at 12:36 PM ----------

I have come out to many people who accept me. My mom knows and most of my closest friends know. But other people can be cruel like you said. And at my age, people don't even know what they are. But it feels like I do.