1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drunk Friend?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Aura, May 20, 2015.

1. Aura

This is not lgbt related. So my friend has been going through a lot of stress lately, her dad is paralyzed in the hospital bc he was drinking while driving, he's been there for months and she was finally allowed to see him about a week ago. Also her cousin moved into her house, I'm not sure how long he's going to stay there but, from what I'm told he's very rude and a complete jerk so she's also stressed about that and many other family problems that I don't have full info on. Now to what i really yave to tell you, today she showed up to (high)school drunk and was out of control, as you can imagine. In between her many words she said that she only drank bc she's stressed about her dad. I've known this girl for about a year now so we're not the closest friends but I've gotten to know her a bit well. This is the first time I found out that she wasn't sober. She would always tell me how she was clean and yada yada. Also this is the first time that I've known someone, this close, who's done drugs and alcohol. So when we were at lunch me and two other friends decided to tell some officers at school that she was drunk. They took her away I'm not quite sure where, they said the nurse but who knows. After that I felt awful for turning her in and my other friend felt like she was doing the wrong thing and I dont know wether we were or not. So here's my question(s) did we do the right thing, what would you have done, what should we have done, what should I do if it happens again, do you think she'll be mad, will she forgive me and my friends if she is? I'm really nervous and I'll take any advice. :icon_sad: Thank you.

2. biisme

In my opinion, you didn't do anything wrong. It sounds like your friend is having a really tough time. Maybe this will enable to get the help she needs to deal with everything that's been going on.