1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Managing emotions

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CrazyAwkward, May 20, 2015.

1. CrazyAwkward

I've had no control over my emotions for months now. I can cycle through so many different ones multiple times a day, sometimes all within an hour or less. It's exhausting, and I don't know how to make it stop.

I've tried writing out my thoughts and feelings. I've tried distracting myself with different activities. I've tried walking and other kinds of exercise. None of those things have helped all that much, and whenever I start to think I've made progress something happens to erase that progress. I don't know what else to do. :help:

2. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there,
    I have found that my emotions have gone all over the place since my heartbreak last year coinciding with the loss of my aunt. If you went through an extremely distressing series of emotional events it could explain it. As time has passed things should get better.

You could see a doctor or therapist if the problem is really extreme. I hope things get back to a more even keel soon.

3. CrazyAwkward

Thank you. I have been feeling more stable over the past few days, but talking to someone is something to consider. Even if it's just my mom. I'm worried that might hurt more than it will help though since this isn't really something she can do anything about.