1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Wrong?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Imso, May 20, 2015.

1. Imso

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello, I am Imso, and I am new here.

I recently have come out as gay to my father and best friend. I don't feel the need to come out to anyone else for the time being, mainly because of tests causing anxiety. However, I was wondering if I was wrong to assume that lesbians are only attracted to lesbians they can tell are lesbians? Basically, since I am new to the lesbian community, do lesbians only go after the girls who set off their "gaydar". Or -am I wrong?
    If so, would it be because of the backlash after going after a girl they possibly thought was gay, but turned out to not be?

Basically, how do you (as a lesbian) determine who to flirt with. Or is just spontaneous?
    Am I wrong?

2. Ravienclaw

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah, sorry to tell you that is not the case. It sure would make some things a helluvalot easier xD
    I've had my fair share of crushes on straight girls. It's broken up friendships and caused a lot of heartache, but you move on eventually :slight_smile:

3. nohalos

Hi, Imso! Welcome to EC!

I'm obviously not a lesbian, but as a gay guy, I can say that you can't help but be attracted to anyone who's attractive to you, even if they set off your gaydar or not. I think sometimes people pursue people who they're attracted in hopes that they might be interested too, but sadly isn't always the case.

I hope I helped at least even just a little!

4. Imso

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Okay! Thank you very much!
    I had a feeling I was but I didn't know! Haha I am such a newbie! And I get that straight girl thing, just for some reason my brain didn't connect the two. Brain fart much? Haha
    But I do agree with both of you, you pursue whom you're attracted to, and just hope for the best!

I'm just an analyzer and try to figure everything out. Also, being that I am newly out I am over anyalyzing it all just to figure it out, especially where I myself stand! Thank you, you did help!

"Gaydar" is not a real thing, okay. Now I will brace myself for allot of rejection :icon_wink

5. HugasaurusRex

If only it was that easy! I may not be a lesbian, but as a gay guy...The amount of Robert Downey Jrs I see around...And the worse part...They are all straight! *Sigh* We will all get our Robert Downey Jrs one day.