1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Numb to sadness

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by bubbles123, May 21, 2015.

1. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

So sometimes when I hear really disappointing or sad news that makes me want to cry, I get very emotional immediately. I also don't like people to see me cry and I try to hide it a lot and not think about it but I still get sad. But then I'll just reach a point where suddenly I don't feel sad at all and I'm almost just numb to it. Does this mean I'm burrying my feelings or something? Is this unhealthy? Or is it normal to cope this way?

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I envy people who can cry and let it out… I am sure that is healthier than bottling it up

Im also sure burying it is not healthy

3. CuteZhemn

Out Status:
    A few people
    I mostly cant cry anymore unless im really thinking its all over. Often end up just smiling when thinking of my past. Not that its good but it humours me. And i probably questions lots of whys even still.

4. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to have problems with being unable to cry. It turns out I had extremely low levels of dopamine from depression.

5. HugasaurusRex

I cry waaaaaaaay to easily! I step on an ant..I cry..Well okay maybe not that bad. But not damn far off! The thing that really gets me, is seeing someone else upset, soon as I see someone else crying, that is it, I am gone. Tears flow. I used to bottle it up, but I quickly found that all it was doing was making me emotionally ill. I would find myself being stoic towards everything and hating everything even closely relation to emotion. Where as now, I do not care who sees me cry.

6. GreenDianthus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being numb to sadness kinda sounds like me sometimes. When I am really sad I don't feel sad, I just feel a sort of detached nothingness. Listening to super sad songs usually helps me to get it out

7. PerfectlyNormal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Not being able to be made sad easily also means it is hard to be made happy.