1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New on campus...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Chibi Giraffe, May 22, 2015.

1. Chibi Giraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I finally made it to college for the summer. I like it here and I'm glad that I can finally be myself and start all over again, out of the closet and everything. But I'm pretty lonely, I don't know anyone here on campus. There aren't that many people on campus during the summer sessions. That along with my mild case of social anxiety is helping the situation. I really suck at making friends. My roommate is alright, but we don't have anything in common... I honestly don't even know where to start...

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One of the best ways that I met people in college was going to various interest groups. A lot of schools have a group for just about everything. Some of the groups are smaller too. I'm sure that some groups would be meeting during summer session, so you would have to see. I also would see if there is anybody nice in your classes that you could get to know. I have some friends in my major that I have met that way.

3. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a lot easier to meet people during the school year. Most of my friends came from the dorm we all lived in. What about striking up conversations with people in your class? You already have something in common. Also if there's somewhere a lot of people hang out on campus, you could always go sit up there.

I agree about interest groups, although at my school all clubs shut down over the summer since the vast majority of members went home.