1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feminism Involvement

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Andstillimhere7, May 23, 2015.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hello I am a supporter of women's right and gender equality and I'm wondering how I can get involved in womens right.

2. LD579

If you're in post-secondary, you can try to get involved in any LGBT and/or feminism groups because both would likely talk/have action about these things.

Besides that, though, realistically I can't think of any way to get involved if you're not one who holds societal institutional power, like an elected official for instance, or are unable to join activist groups or panels, decision boards, representative councils, and so on. You can, though, always endeavour to treat people fairly regardless of gender, and make it clear to people you interact with (Acquaintances, friends, coworkers, etc.) that they can come to you to talk about these things and that you support gender equality. This can make more of a difference than you think, especially when you speak up on others' behalf if you notice any unfair treatment.