1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crushing on a straight guy that i don't like.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by mrgizmo911, May 26, 2015.

1. mrgizmo911

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay, well this is going to be weird to say but, in my school there is this kid, that I have never really gotten along with, well now that me and him have been talking more. I got really confused.. I think i have feelings for him and don't know his sexuality.. he has told me he is straight but has flirted with me a few times... he doesn't even know i am gay. so what i was wondering is how do i ask him "Would you consider dating a guy?" without directly asking it and "I have a crush on you." and even (if he said he has a crush on me too) "I want to go out but keep it a secret since i am still in the closet." How do I do that? I am sooooo confused!

Thank you,

Matthew(!)

2. Poster

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm not sure you can really go out if you're still in the closet anyway. Or at least that's how I've been going about things.

3. nohalos

First of all, how sure are you that he was flirting with you? It's kinda too risky to take chances with a seemingly straight guy.

I'd say figure out if he's not violently homophobic first. Maybe you can just talk about relationships and stuff and be like "What if a guy had a crush on you? How would you react?". If he answers "Why? Do you have a crush on me?", retort with "Yeah, sure" in the most sarcastic way you can, with matching eye rolling. You can even playfully bro-punch him on the shoulder to put up the bro front until you've gauged him out.

If you are friends and talk about stuff, you might also want to write him letters, slip them on his locker but still remain anonymous. He has to bring them up in conversation if you two are comfy enough with each other.

I'm really sorry if I don't make much sense as I lack sleep. But I hope this helped even in the slightest bit.

Good luck!

4. Synthetik

I think the most important part of all this is figuring out your feelings first. If you truly understand the way you're reacting to spending time with him, you'll feel a lot more comfortable taking the next step. You said "I think I have feelings for him," so the first question you have to ask yourself, before even asking him about his sexuality, is "What are my feelings for this person?"

It's possible that, even if he turns out to be receptive to a gay relationship, being with this particular person might not be good for you. It's always best to start out with a firm grasp of your own feelings and emotional needs before trying to pursue anyone else's. Does that make sense?

5. Gandee

Gandee Guest

Too much sass, darling XD

I agree with Synthetic. Always understand your needs first, start asking yourself: "if this guy were gay, is he even good for me?". Rushing thing is never a good idea.