1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I growing jealous?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Jax12, May 27, 2015.

1. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I believe I'm going through stages of jealousy, but im not sure, so please help me out here.

Last year, I met up with a guy. Wasn't a hookup, since we chatted lots before finally meeting up. And of course, I started falling for him. However after the second time we met, the guy he had been meeting with for a while asked if they could be full time partners (you know, BF).

I knew I had to give him up because he's been closeted his whole life, and I would not be able to provide him with the support he needs. In other words, there was no way I could be his boyfriend. It's been a couple months since then, and they've both decided to move in together and are really happy. Knowing I contributed to his happiness also makes me happy, but here's where I get... Jealous?

He's divorced now, has a boyfriend, and is starting a new life with his mate. I think I feel... Sorry but also happy for him? That he's been closted for such a long time (he's 50 now), and now he's got the freedom, at long last. I think it has something to do with how I was at a very vulnerable stage at the time, and he was there to talk it through with me.

Not sure what this means. I just need to vent. What do you guys think? Have I grown jealous of him?

2. still ill

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I think you may be happy and jealous about the situation. You fell for him so naturally you are happy for him but you may be jealous that you don't have the same? He definitely deserves happiness after 50 years of being closeted. I know this probably wasn't much help but I think it is great that you are happy for him and remember you're good person for helping him get where he is now.