1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I raise this issue?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by GlindaRose, May 28, 2015.

1. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is a girl I love more than anything. We live a long way from each other, but have been in regular contact via e-mail or text.

Recently, the amount of contact has been a lot less than usual. Now, the girl I love is a very busy person and this is understandable. However, with it having been more frequent in the past, I feel that there has been an expectation of it being a regular thing, an expectation which is now not being met. Lately there have been a couple of e-mails she hasn't responded to, and it's making me feel rather upset. Although she has texted me, and has let me know that she is busy, I feel as though she's disregarded my feelings a little bit by not giving me a time frame for when she might reply, or at least paraphrasing a quick answer to let me know she cares.

I believe in her more than anything and don't believe she is blowing me off. She is not a very social person and often tends to forget about social things, so I think this is one of those times when she's forgotten how it might seem for other people. I want to let her know how I feel, but am unsure how to do so. I fear that I will come across as clingy and obsessive if I do. But at the same time, I feel a bit slighted and want to straighten this out so that we can get back on track.

Does anyone have any advice on how I should move forward with this? What's the best way to broach the subject?

Thanks.

2. still ill

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    My best advice is to be truthful and communicate how you feel. Don't come off as clingy by saying things like "Why aren't you emailing me back/are you avoiding me?" Just start off a conversation with her and tell her what you are genuinely feelings without making her feel stuck. She may be going through a rough time or something. There are plenty of reasons why one wouldn't be able to reply to messages, etc. Just be truthful to yourself and to her otherwise you won't be happy. I wish you good luck and I hope this helps at least a bit. :slight_smile: x