1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inability to cry

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lonewolfblair, May 29, 2015.

1. lonewolfblair

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So i used to be a huge cry baby and it would seem that somewhere in my early teens i lost the abilty to cry. With dysphoria now a thing in my life i have realised that i haven't cried in years and can only get as far as watery eyes, when i get sad enough to cause my eyes to start watering i find that i can snap put of it really easy oh and i can feel joy just fine.

Does anyone know what might be going on with me i am pretty sure it isn't a tear duct problem since i haven't noticed gunk in my eye so yeah i am really confused and would appreciate the help.

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Go to the eye doctor you may have a disease wear your eyes can't produce tears. You should go there and they can get you special type of eye drops.

3. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hasn't anyone ever "programmed" you not to cry by repeatedly telling you something like crying is bad, crying is a sign of weakness or something like that? I went through a relatively long period of time when I couldn't cry just because I believed that "men don't cry, no matter what".

4. Im Hazel

I can't cry much. I have no idea why. You are not alone.

5. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I used to cry from time to time, just like any normal human being. After my partner died and I had the Niagara falls daily for a while, I turned gradually into someone who is unable to cry.

I don't think I want to get back to 'normal'. I see nothing wrong with it. There is no obligation to cry, or being sad, life is too short to waste it on such useless nonsense.

#5 Michael, May 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2015
  6. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    There's probably nothing wrong with you, watery eyes, as far as I know, is much like crying, except there just aren't enough tears... I think you should treat the ability to snap out of it as a strength, rather than something that is psychologically wrong.