1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm losing control of my anger. help.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by heandsheisme, May 29, 2015.

1. heandsheisme

The other day, I posted in the small victories thread that I had gotten a new job with Subway.

The manager there lied to my face about me having the job. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

I had rewarded myself because he had said that he would call me to start training this weekend. Worse still, I had not applied anywhere else this week, because I had been told that I had the job. So no unemployment.

I just want to fucking cry right now. I had this same thing happen when I applied to Stein Mart, I was lied to about having the job. Everywhere else I have applied has turned me down, despite having six years of job experience at this point, including two years of retail. I'm running out of options for jobs and I do not know what to do.

2. EnviroLady

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi sorry to hear people are being so cruel. In terms of getting a job I looked for the areas where jobs were needed where I live and then I did a tafe course to get certified to have that job. Tafe is great and you get skills and the placement. Placement give s you some experience and so long as you actually work well at it gets you a foot in the door where you are working or alternatively a great reference for your next employer when you apply for positions. I found it difficult,trying to find work prior to this. Sometimes you just have to go where the jobs are even if your heart lives elsewhere then once you have been in that role for a while you build up a good reference. Also there is the option of volunteering in the industry you want to work in so that people see you are serious about wanting a job in that area. Good luck with the job hunting, it is not easy.

3. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have several friends is in a similar situation. Cold calling doesn't seem to work at all anymore so my advice, and it's tough I know, is strategic volunteer work. That is, work that gets you the right connections preferably in your line of work. By right connections I mean someone who can give you a real job at some point or someone who is well known enough to give you a meaningful recommendation for a job. The more networked your connections are the better your chances so focus on getting connected. Good luck!