1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Immigration legal advice needed

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Richi, May 31, 2015.

1. Richi

Hi, my name is Richi and currently working in the Middle East. I met this very wonderful American guy online and we fall inlove. He already asked me to marry him and i said yes. And now we are trying to working out how to get my visa and everything. I really love him and i really want To be with him for the rest of my life.
    Is there anyone out there who has the same experience we have now and can you please give us advice?
    Or is there any lawyers out there who can help us with the visa and immigration process?
    Please i need your help!!!
    Thanks guys!!!!

2. Foz

Foz Guest

Are you resident in Abu Dhabi or just working there? Best bet would be to go to your US consulate and get advice from them. I know in the UK at least 2-3 month visas have been granted for people to meet and stay with partners they met online, at least that's what I've seen on the like of the UK Border Force programme! In the UK you can also become resident if you marry a UK citizen providing they earn over £18,000 a year, but you are subject to an interview (a long hard one at that!) to make sure you're not just marrying for the passport.

Again that's the UK so the US may not have those rules.

3. Richi

Hi, thanks for the response. Im from the Philippines and been working here for about 6 years now. Our options at the moment is Fiance Visa or Tourist Visa, but we want to know which one is the best way since we are planning to get married this year.
    Its really frustrating coz applying for visa is really difficult... And the last thing we wants is to get denied after all the efforts.