1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Afraid of relationships:(

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by bubbles123, May 31, 2015.

1. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

So whenever a guy's liked me I got really scared because I think I'm afraid of loving relationships. I thought at first this was because I might just not be into guys but now I'm starting to think I'd be scared even if a girl liked me because my friend might like me and I'm really worried. I don't know why I'm so scared. I've hardly had any relationships before, I rarely like people, and now I'm even more confused about my orientation since I might not even be able to like girls. I want to know why I'm afraid to love people/let them love me and also does anyone have any advice on how I could get over this fear? Thanks in advance<3

2. BjFantasy

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Could of been something in the past thats haunting you op

why be scared? if your scared to love then you'll miss out on the most wonderful experience you could ever have

3. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For me the biggest issue was the fear of being rejected and not being good enough. Like how could they possibly like me? It had a lot to do with self-esteem and getting burn from people in the past.

I don’t know your history, but those could be some possible factors with why you’re struggling to build a relationship, along with containing a certain perception of others.

What I can say is become more open minded and try and face your fear. Stay in the moment with people and keep the mindset positive. Obviously easier said than done.

Meet someone and take it slow, there’s no rush in building a relationship/friendship.

4. Gandee

Gandee Guest

Because when you're in a loving relationship with someone, you let yourself be vulnerable. And like it or not, the people who can hurt you the most are your loved ones. It's mostly a two-way street btw.

But no pain, no gain.

5. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just got out of one, and I definitley won't be in another one anytime soon...

It... Hurts, but I don't regret starting it in all honesty. I needed to take a risk to find out if it could work or not.

And it didn't. But had I not gotten in a relationship with him, then I would have never known.